• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects suddenly stop working with divide?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only just started happening to me in the last week, but I will be working on a design and using "divide objects below" to make sure curves fit together smoothly.  Basically cutting one out of the other.  And suddenly, an object that worked fine just... stops.  Nothing happens when I try to divide with it.  I have to redraw it to continue which costs tons of time.  Bizarrely, if I open the path, then I can divide with it, but I have a gap at the opening.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you try to take a screencapture video of the issue next time it happens and share it with us? In the video, include a part where you select the problem artwork, then show us the artwork in the layers panel, as well as the "appearance" panel.

Hard to say much at this point with limited info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jennifer5C18,

Sorry to hear about this experience. As suggested by Dispotion_Dev, it would help if you could share a screen recording of the problem so we can investigate this further. Also include some more information like the exact version of the OS and Illustrator installed and system info including CPU/GPU/Memory.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines