• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

open tiff file i see vertical lines

Explorer ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

over the last few days when i open a black and white tiff file in illustrator i see vertical lines, how can this be corrected???

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing vertical lines in your screenshot.  Are you saying the file in image >> mode >> bitmap?

Screen Shot 2024-05-23 at 12.26.52 AM.jpg

Tyr .PSD format. What happens if you place rather than open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can replicate the bug in Adobe Illustrator 28.5 both on macOS and Windows 11 on PC.

Screenshot 2024-06-10 184528.png

Happening on all file formats in Adobe Illustrator 28.5 using linked or embedded black and white bitmaps, even if they are set to spot or process colors in Illustrator.

It's happening with linked PSDs too, not just linked TIFF files, these lines appear until very zoomed in. The problem persists when embedding the images too. Like in this CD face with spot gold and black inks with intricate line art. The art is all gone when you zoom out to try and see the whole CD face:

Screenshot 2024-06-09 094352.png

Also 'Unembed' is grayed out with black and white bitmaps.

Working in CPU mode is way too slow, not a viable solution, only for a quick preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It switches between lines and a positive/negative image when I change the prevriew.

It does not happen in 2023, but I get the message that the file was created in a newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tom, you are correct yes, it was created in verison 28.5. it is only on my home laptop computer, not my work computer...i tried to uninstall and reinstall illlustrator and that my have fixed the issue...  this only occurs when i open black and white tiff files in illustrator... and it only started occuring this week, never had this issue before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please look at this screen shot

the top image is when i open the tiff file in illustrator

the 2nd image is when i click on the lines it shows a reverse color image

the 3rd image is the correct tiff file (jaguar)

why am i getting these lines when i open up black and white tiff files in illustrator??

again, this started this week...never had an issue before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spoke to adobe support turned off gpu performance and that fixed the problem, i attached the transcript, if you have any thoughts please advise.    This issue occured this week..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export your file, I get the one with the black backgrounds, even if I see the second one, is that what you want?

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 09.47.23.pngScreenshot 2024-05-24 at 09.46.58.png

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 17.31.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Tom: Ispoke to adobe support last night turned off gpu performance and that fixed the problem.

now i can successfully open up tiff files with no issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that is a work around.

Turning off a compatible GPU slows down performance.

It is a recently introduced bug (it works fine in 2023) that should be fixed as well as the other bugs with bitmap images that appeared in the 28.5 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can replicate it with a simple bitmap created in Illustrator, worked in 2023, stops working with GPU Preview in 2024 28.5

Bitmap-lines.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Tom for your help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines