• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outlines that are not strokes of unknown origin

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I am creating a typeface for my college project. Once I changed the colour from black to white, I started noticing that some of the letters have visible black outlines, which are not strokes. I don't know how to get rid of them- anyone has an idea what that is? 

Screenshot 2024-06-02 130539.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Elzbieta,

As I (mis)understand it, you are adding a white(ish) fill through the Apparearance palette.

I would suggest your simply changing the fill colour of the actual letter(s) letter shape(s), no need for the Appearance palette; then you only have 1 instance of each letter (shape) and avoid a conflict ((almost) as old as the hills).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please select that and in the layers panel click on the button with the search tool. Ten take a screenshot with Layers and appearance panel (Window > Appearance)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your response. I hope I understood the assignment well. Here are screenshots of 2 appearance panels of 2 different letters that have the same issue. 

Screenshot 2024-06-02 221331.pngScreenshot 2024-06-02 221419.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like there are duplicate shapes. That below the white shapes there is still a colored shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try pressing cmd + Y if you are on Mac or ctrl + Y if you are on windows. Does that make any difference?

one more thinkg, from the preferences settings, check the "Anti-Alias" option it might be turned off 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for your response! I tried crl+Y, unfortunately it doesn't change anything. I can't find "anti-alias" setting, where would that be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a sample Illustrator file for inspection?

Would be easier than guessing based on screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elzbieta,

As I (mis)understand it, you are adding a white(ish) fill through the Apparearance palette.

I would suggest your simply changing the fill colour of the actual letter(s) letter shape(s), no need for the Appearance palette; then you only have 1 instance of each letter (shape) and avoid a conflict ((almost) as old as the hills).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're still waiting for your response on this issue. Please update the discussion to let us know if it has been resolved or if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines