• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph Styles: Where has Paragaph Direction for Middle Eastern Version gone? (AI ME 2024)

Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Problem is on Paragraph Style:

While under General on the left column I can see under "Indents and Spacing" that my Paragraph Direction is set to "Right to Left", I can't find this defintion where is should be, on the left colomn under "Indents and Spacing". It is missing.

Please see attached screen shot:

Paragraph-Direction-RTL-Missing.jpg

Adobe Illustrator Middle Eastern Version, 2024

Thank you

Shlomit

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but what do you mean?

I've installed The Middle Eastern version with all the Middle Eastern languages componants. It should appear there. It's not something that you need to "turn on"... or maybe I didn't understand your reply.

Paragraph Direction appears in the Paragraph panel, but not in the Pargraph style options and it should.

Thank you,

Shlomit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was referring to the Indic options. But maybe they are not there in a true ME version. Then probably you need to support this bug report: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/36365725-paragr...

Someone in there could solve this for themselves with an older version, but it seems to be unsolved generally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I just did 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

I just read this again.

The link you sent does not fit to what I worte. The report is old (2018) and it's about the Paragraph PANEL. My problem is inside the definitions of the Paragraph STYELS and I have reported that here: 

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/47280179-paragr...

Thank you for trying to help

Shlomit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, the truth is that the problem has been for years that ADOBE doesn't want to fix it, a corrupt company and I hope that other companies will come with products and software that compete with their frustrating products, there are already substitutes like Pigma that support Hebrew, apparently it doesn't pay for them to fix the problem, in the past in SC5 they had A unique ME product that supported Hebrew and Arabic, but to this day, about 15 years later, they still don't think to fix it, my solution is that if you open an Illustrator file made with software that supports Hebrew, then you can copy the paragraph and the direction will be preserved and the period will be at the end of the sentence, what an evil company

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

היי שלומית ישנו עוד פתרון

אפשר לשמור קובץ בעברית מגוגל דוקס בפורמט
RTF
ואז את פותחת אותו באילוסטרייטור 

באילוסטרייטור את מגדירה את הפיסקה שפת מזרח  התיכון והכל מסתדר

תשמרי את הקובץ שיהיה תמיד כשצריך לכתוב בעברית

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @makoregever,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to install the Arabic/Hebrew version of Illustrator by following the steps shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/3w3zKxN) to check if they help?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@makoregever Thank you but this is not a solution. This is a bug that needs to get fixed. It is missing from the menu of the Paragraph styeles options. I can find it in other place but no there so my problem is not to define it but that it is missing.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines