• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pattern tile - art not moving with tile

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Im on the latest Illustrator (2022) and the patterns I  have saved as swatches, no longer move with the art despite that its set to 'move tile with art' on the pattern tile panel.

It worked fine before, haven't used my swatches for a couple of months. 

Anyone have any ideas? I have been back into my original library file too - it's all set up correctly and hasn't changed from when it did work and did move tile with art.

thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Found the answer in a very old thread!

For addition we need to turn off "Transform Pattern Files" at below menu.

illustrator --> preferences --> General --> Transform Pattern Files (untick).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Object menu > Transform > Move… and, under Options, make sure that both Transform Objects and Transform Patterns are checked. That should allow the pattern to be moved along with the object.

Move Tile with Art in the Pattern Options panel only affects the behavior of the art and tile while the panel is open to create or edit a pattern, not the behavior of the pattern swatch that is created when you are done.

Peter

tromboniator_0-1643255344679.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesnt make a difference  - until a month or so ago, when I moved the shape with the pattern filled in, the pattern would also move, so for instance if i created a dot pattern, I could choose by moving it, where, along the outside edge of the shape, the dots would cut off to get the best look. That doesn't work anymore. I dont understand what changed. Its the same with files I have where that used to work, as well as new files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the answer in a very old thread!

For addition we need to turn off "Transform Pattern Files" at below menu.

illustrator --> preferences --> General --> Transform Pattern Files (untick).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines