• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pinch to zoom in

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me how to activate pinch to zoom in illustrator instead of Alt+pinch just like Inkscape I am using Adobe Illustrator 2019 23.0.2 version on windows 10.

[Title edited for clarity. Was "Hello Everyone I am new to illustrator and I need help"]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to change how to use a trackpad?

You might be able to do that using some third party system extension, but it's not possible in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this finds you. Edit>Preferences>General - Check "Force Enable Pinch-To-Zoom on touchpad"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct answer!! (2021) Solved a longstanding issue Ive had when I dont use my mouse. Finally! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did someone find a solution por Windows? I use mac but in my new work I have windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me in Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit>Preferences>General - Check "Force Enable Pinch-To-Zoom on touchpad"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Pinch/zoom is not working in Indesign/Photoshop/Illustrator on Windows 10 internal trackpad. When I go to "Edit>Preferences>General" I dont get "Force Enable Pinch-To-Zoom on touchpad" option. Using latest v17.1

Julija23021443wshj_0-1646485646812.png

Adobe CS tried everything to help and end up advising me to stick to using Zoom tool or ctrl  "+/-". So frustrating and inconvenient. This issue has been raised back in 2018. The pinch zoom works in adobe XD though, surely they could have already sorted this by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 17.1 is not the latest version.

You might want to update to version 26.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, thanks for your reply. How do I update to a different version? On the creative Cloud app it says Indesign update is up to date: 

Julija23021443wshj_0-1646486769978.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the Illustrator forum, sorry.

So you need to ask your question over there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines