Pink Screen is Back

Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the last two quick updates to illustrator on the Mac (the second 26.0.0 and the latest, 26.0.1) I'm getting the flash of pink on the screen again upon opening files on a Mac mini M1 (16 GB).

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Mac OS are you running?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monterey 12.0.1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to please share a few more details like:

• Does this happen while working on a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Does this happen while performing a particular action in the app?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, any apps, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Please check if turning off "GPU Performance" from Illustrator Preferences (cmd+k) > Performance > uncheck GPU Performance helps to resolve the issue?
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences ( https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't make it happen today, but on the day I posted it, and random days before any document I opened caused it to happen. The screen would flash pink/magenta just before the file loaded.

No recent changes to system or Adobe apps, other than Illustrator being updated. It's 26.0.1 that it happened with, as well as 26.0 when it got updated from the initial 2022 version to another 26.0 version (not sure if that was a Creative Cloud glitch or what).

Next time it happens I'll try the GPU thing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it affect performance?

If not, this is a feature, not a bug!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aren't you funny. Are you an Adobe programmer?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

End user.

People who could actually do something about all the problems everyone is having don't hang out here.

It would dent their ego to know so much is wrong.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Met1 wrote:

End user.

People who could actually do something about all the problems everyone is having don't hang out here.

It would dent their ego to know so much is wrong.

Did you see the 3rd reply in this post by Anshul Saini? He is an Adobe employee.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was seeing the pink flash yesterday when opening InDesign files, so now it just appears to me that Adobe CC, both 2021 and 2022 are just not optimized well enough for the M1 chip yet. It's clearly the issue with disappearing text in InDesign because apparently it doesn't happen on M1 Max machines. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines