• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pink Screen is Back

Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the last two quick updates to illustrator on the Mac (the second 26.0.0 and the latest, 26.0.1) I'm getting the flash of pink on the screen again upon opening files on a Mac mini M1 (16 GB).

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Hi @Visual Outlaw @jeffhalmos @Fridoux @Kat_Ma,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We can partially replicate the issue when moving Illustrator from one monitor to another. The screen flashes with pink color for a fraction of a second. I assume you all are using Apple Silicon Mac (M1, M2, M1 Pro/ Max/ Ultra).

Would you mind sharing a few details like:

• The exact version of macOS & Ai
  • Does this pink screen disappear or stay for a while?
  • Is this happening while opening a specific file or all?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Mac OS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monterey 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to please share a few more details like:

• Does this happen while working on a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Does this happen while performing a particular action in the app?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, any apps, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Please check if turning off "GPU Performance" from Illustrator Preferences (cmd+k) > Performance > uncheck GPU Performance helps to resolve the issue?
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences ( https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't make it happen today, but on the day I posted it, and random days before any document I opened caused it to happen. The screen would flash pink/magenta just before the file loaded.

No recent changes to system or Adobe apps, other than Illustrator being updated. It's 26.0.1 that it happened with, as well as 26.0 when it got updated from the initial 2022 version to another 26.0 version (not sure if that was a Creative Cloud glitch or what).

Next time it happens I'll try the GPU thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it affect performance?

If not, this is a feature, not a bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aren't you funny. Are you an Adobe programmer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

End user.

People who could actually do something about all the problems everyone is having don't hang out here.

It would dent their ego to know so much is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Met1 wrote:

End user.

People who could actually do something about all the problems everyone is having don't hang out here.

It would dent their ego to know so much is wrong.

Did you see the 3rd reply in this post by Anshul Saini? He is an Adobe employee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was seeing the pink flash yesterday when opening InDesign files, so now it just appears to me that Adobe CC, both 2021 and 2022 are just not optimized well enough for the M1 chip yet. It's clearly the issue with disappearing text in InDesign because apparently it doesn't happen on M1 Max machines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator projects all turn to pink when switching between screens. Luckily it goes away easily enough by scrolling or zooming but I'm seriously considering alternatives to Adobe at this point as there are so many bugs and it's costing me time/money. If they don't optimize their software soon for the M1, I will be using other software.

MBP. M1 Pro Chip. macOS Monterey V 12.2

Adobe CC 2022. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @johnp13501458,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We are unable to replicate the issue at our end. If you are able to replicate the issue, please let us know. I will arrange a callback with our technical team to check this issue on your Mac machine.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just receieved my Mac Studio (M1 Ultra Chip, 128 GB memory) & Studio Monitor, running Montery 12.3.1 and latest Adobe CC.

I too am getting the magenta screen. See attached photo. All I did was open my file from yesterday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JustJozy,

We are sorry for the trouble. I would request you to please share a few more details like:

• Does this happen while working on a specific document?
  • OS & version of Illustrator
  • System specification
  • Are you using external Monitor(s)?
  • What is the resolution of your display(s)?
  • Does this happen while performing a particular action in the app?
  • Is this happening intermittently or always?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, any apps, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

Also, I would suggest you try the following steps and let us know if it helps:

• Please check if turning off "GPU Performance" from Illustrator Preferences (cmd+k/ Ctrl+k) > Performance > uncheck GPU Performance helps to resolve the issue?
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    MAC: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
    Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\
    Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

Anshul_Saini_0-1652311001610.png

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the pink flash every time I open a blank file in Illustrator.  Version 26.3.1

Mac Studio M1 (2022)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the flashing pink screen in Illustrator when I drag and drop the files into the program.
Just for the brief second when the program is opening the file.
I am running version 27.0.1 and this just started happening today. Any fix on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pink Screen in Illustrator is like a skintag in a difficult location; you just have to get used to it cuz it's not going away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible fix on the next update?
I hate glitches. Drive me nuts even when I try to ignore them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kat_Ma@jeffhalmos,

Sorry to hear about this experience. We are unable to replicate this on our end. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44707594-pink-s...) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Also, would it be possible for you to have a debug session with us?
If yes, please send me your Adobe ID, Country & Timezone, phone number with country code, and preferred date and time between Mon-Fri over a private message.

To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the ” Send a message” button.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened today when loading a file. 

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 1.08.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

I've exactly the same issue!

MBP M1 - Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1

Illustrator 27.0.1

Can I ask for a summary of what to do for solving the problem (not a fluent English speaker)

Agree with a comment about Adobe (issues with Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) is quite a lot.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flashes of magenta all over the place. Mac mini M1 w/16 GB RAM. It's like occasional acid reflux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting this as well.  I have had my macbook checked by apple.  its def an adobe issue.  will be looking at alternative software if it doesnt work.  Currently sub standard at best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Visual Outlaw @jeffhalmos @Fridoux @Kat_Ma,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We can partially replicate the issue when moving Illustrator from one monitor to another. The screen flashes with pink color for a fraction of a second. I assume you all are using Apple Silicon Mac (M1, M2, M1 Pro/ Max/ Ultra).

Would you mind sharing a few details like:

• The exact version of macOS & Ai
  • Does this pink screen disappear or stay for a while?
  • Is this happening while opening a specific file or all?
  • Would you mind sharing a screen recording demonstrating the issue? It would be really helpful for us.

I will be sharing this info with the engineering & product team.

Also, would you mind upvoting this UserVoice? This will help us prioritize it, and by doing this, you will also get updates on it.

I will be looking forward to your responses.

Thanks,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines