• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pink Smart Guides Missing on Artboards with All Snaps On

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Illustrator, but fairly tech-savvy. According to the instructor in the LinkedIn Learning course Illustrator for Web Design  I should be seeing pink lines when dragging artboards around, but I'm not. I followed the instructor's setup exactly and turned on:

• Smart Guides
  • Snap to Grid
  • Snap to Pixel
  • Snap to Point
  • Snap to Glyph

ehd_ss_20230430_ERROR_IllustratorArtboardPinkGuides_03.jpg

After much digging, I finally found a "solution" on this post:

which recommended, "make sure to only check the snap to point." This was the only thing that worked for me, but that doesn't seem very intuitive.

I'm not trying to lodge a complaint -- I'm sure there must be a good rationale why this is the case. I am just asking for clarification on why this makes sense to someone. And if anyone can give insight -- perhaps a historical commentary like "Well up until 2019 they did it FOO way, but sometime in 2021 they radically changed the system and now -- as EVERYONE knows who uses Illustrator on a daily basis -- they changed it so it works this way. Some of the forums explained the reasoning for this was (fill in the blank)"

That is just a hypothetical example of the type of answer I'm looking for. I know this is not a forum of Adobe engineers. But, I also know there are some very intelligent, talented, and helpful illustrators here so I'm seeing if anyone can offer any insight.

Finally, if this seems like more of a workaround and you think you have a better solution, I welcome your solutions.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Smart Guides and Snap to Grid is not a good combination as far as I can see.

Turn off Snap to Grid and the Smart Guides work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart Guides and Snap to Grid is not a good combination as far as I can see.

Turn off Snap to Grid and the Smart Guides work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - You are right. I figured that out on my own, but am marking yours as the correct answer. Appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good tonhear that helped (and that you figured it out on your).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines