Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placement of the Properties Panel in Illustrator 2024

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've finally upgraded to CC after many many years as a CS6 user [the iMac 2011 finally died]. I'm wondering if it's possible to place the 2024 Properties Panel at the base of the screen like it was in CS6, ie. as a horizontal bar. It's what I'm used to, but if it can't be done I'll simply need to re-adjust.

Cheers!

TOPICS
How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

The control panel is still there in Illustrator. Just use Window > Control.

Properties is something similar, but not the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

@iGirl_ In Illustrator (or even Photoshop and other apps), you can also create your own workspace. The purpose of creating you own 'Workspace' is that you can arrange the panels that you use all the time (such as color, character, swatches, layers) the way you use them most, you can minimize wasted time searching for specific options. 

There are a bunch of set workspaces set-up optimized for different tasks, ranging from web, painting, or layout. This removes panels you don't need for that specif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The control panel is still there in Illustrator. Just use Window > Control.

Properties is something similar, but not the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@iGirl_ In Illustrator (or even Photoshop and other apps), you can also create your own workspace. The purpose of creating you own 'Workspace' is that you can arrange the panels that you use all the time (such as color, character, swatches, layers) the way you use them most, you can minimize wasted time searching for specific options. 

There are a bunch of set workspaces set-up optimized for different tasks, ranging from web, painting, or layout. This removes panels you don't need for that specific task, minimizing distractions and clutter. Since you are a recent CS6 user, 'Essentials Classic' be the closest one I would think. I usually get my students to create one on the panels we would use in our classes. And 'Essentials Classic' is the main one we use, and then remove some away. 

We then click on New Workspace. And give it a name. And then it shows up as our own. See the attached workspace.png... I have one called design and another one for my students, called FWD38

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mpchow  and @Monika Gause  many thanks, you've saved me some frustration and time-wasting! I've just set my workspace to Essentials Classic and popped the horizontal Control Panel down to the base of the screen, just as I like it! Once I have everything set up I'll save as my own workspace as I'd done "in the old days".

Cheers  ;^)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines