• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG Images Are Inverted Colors When Opening Saved File

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started this week. When I drag in or import a PNG image into my Illustrator artboard, it looks fine. Color looks good and is shown how it is supposed to be.

However, when I save and close out the window then open the project back up, all of the PNG images now have inverted colors. I hadn't changed any type of setting.

I am not sure if this is a bug of some kind or maybe I'm suddenly doing something different.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Hi @David245882293csg,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to reproduce the issue at our end. We have already logged a bug with the product team, and they are currently investigating the issue.

This is happening with the Ai file, which has linked images. While saving, when the "Include linked files " option is selected and then reopened, the Ai file images get inverted, or yellow color can be seen.

To avoid this, you may try the following steps:

• Embed the images in the document
    Anshul_Saini_0-1654208966543.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @David245882293csg,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try the suggestions shared in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/iphone-screenshot-png-inverted-colors/td-p/97...) and check if it works for you.

Kindly update this thread if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try to open the PNG in Photoshop and make a Save As... to:

1. check the original png is ok
  2.  resave it 'properly'

Let us know if the new png opens as expected in illustrator.

Did you try to Place the png instead of open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my employer's Adobe account so unfortunatly I can't use Photoshop. I did however figure out how to fix my issue.

For PNGs, I have to either "rasterize" or "flatten transparency". This seems to fix the inverted colors on the PNG after closing. Still not sure what changed to create this extra step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You in a print mode of CMYK and placing png images that are meant for a digital RGB workflow?

File >> Document Color Mode >> RGB or use .PSD CMYK format if doing CMYK print workflow.

MikeGondek_0-1654018121085.png

Sounds like a redraw issue with recent upgrade. Try unchecking GPU performance

MikeGondek_1-1654018213260.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niether changing the color mode to RGB or unchecking the GPU worked.

Looks like I have to either "rasterize" or "flatten transparency" on all PNGs before closing. Not sure why now since I had never had this issue before, but I at least know how to fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tedious, but I was able to fix the issue. For PNGs, I have to either "rasterize" or "flatten transparency". This seems to fix the issue.

My issue was that the PNG came in fine, but when saved, the next time I would open up the project the PNGs would then invert.

It seems like before, when saving, Illustrator would do either "flatten transparency" or "rasterize" the PNGs on its own. Now it looks like I have to do that myself. Not sure what I changed, if I did do it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not have to flatten the transparency to fix the problem.

It is a bug. There are many mentions of images changing color after saving the Illustrator file and reopening.

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/illustrator-pngs-turn-negative-after-saving-t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @David245882293csg,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to reproduce the issue at our end. We have already logged a bug with the product team, and they are currently investigating the issue.

This is happening with the Ai file, which has linked images. While saving, when the "Include linked files " option is selected and then reopened, the Ai file images get inverted, or yellow color can be seen.

To avoid this, you may try the following steps:

• Embed the images in the document
    Anshul_Saini_0-1654208966543.png

• Uncheck the "Include linked files"
    Anshul_Saini_2-1654208966576.png

• Downgrade to an older version of Illustrator 

Let us know if this works for you or not.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines