• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNGs linked in show up in purple/white with yellow background

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I linked in some photos and they have all the same specs as the other photos in the document but for some reason when I reopen the file, they show up like the coloring has been messed with.  They are also both PNGs but only the one keeps showing up with a yellow background. They also keep getting put in groups they were not in, in clipping masks they were not in. I have to relink them each time I save the file. I cannot figure out what is going on. Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 4.03.57 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Hi All,

@Simona5FDD @rolom17175317 @shishir27035451avbp @Julius25978332d3gj @Baruch220614570sop @Boris0608 @jamile @Ornella2609028749u7

We are glad to inform you that this issue has been fixed in Illustrator v27.0.1. 

Note: The files which are corrupted will not get fixed. To fix them, first, update to v27.0.1 and ensure you relink all the images in order to resolve the issue in the existing files. Let us know if the issue persists after doing this.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it as C

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Hi @jamile @Ornella2609028749u7,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue has been resurfaced, and the product team is aware of the issue and currently working on a fix. Hopefully, the fix will be released with the next update. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45228802-illustrator-turning-all-pngs-into-negatives-after) and adding your comment there? By doing this, you will get updates and helps prioriti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Erin23930521ktoq,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to reproduce the issue at our end. We have already logged a bug with the product team, and they are currently investigating the issue.

This is happening with the Ai file, which has linked images. While saving, when the "Include linked files " option is selected and then reopened, the Ai file images get inverted, or yellow color can be seen.

To avoid this, you may try the following steps:

• Embed the images in the document
    Anshul_Saini_0-1654209249509.png
  • Uncheck the "Include linked files"
    Anshul_Saini_2-1654209249764.png
  • Downgrade to an older version of Illustrator 

Let us know if this works for you or not.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information, that works great. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that. I would like to inform you that the product team has created a fix for it, and it will be released with the next update in August. We appreciate your patience. Thanks!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I am having the same issue.  Any idea as to the ETA for the new update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bdgbs,

Sorry for the trouble. As of now, the team has not declared the ETA or any specific date. Currently, the next update is scheduled for August. I would request you, please be patient and stay tuned for the updates.

I will update everyone once the new release rolls out.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Looking forward to the updates, as this impacts workflow, quality and speed. Afraid to open any older AI files, no to mess it up... Apple Mac user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated and the issue is persisting. All PNGs across a work document are STILL yellow and not reverting to their designed appearance. What was the August update supposed to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version should be downgraded??

I have the same issue here that makes me frustrated because it's printed out 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, @erinbx @Nutnapun Akkhajiratorn @Gabriele_Radvila @bdgbs @Mark252272492ivs @Erin23930521ktoq

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue. I  am glad to inform you that this issue has been fixed in v26.4.1. However, the files which are corrupted will not get fixed. You have to first update to v26.4.1 or above and relink all the images in order to resolve the issue in the existing files. Let us know if the issue persists after updating in the Illustrator new files.

Note: Current Illustrator version is v26.5. I will recommend updating to the latest.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same issue with the 27.0 version. When I try to "Unembed" a linked image, Illustrator forces me to save it as a new file, but I already have them. So, now the choice is between relinking all the images every time or saving them as new files again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems the problem is back again. Having the same issue as of 10/28/22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jamile @Ornella2609028749u7,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue has been resurfaced, and the product team is aware of the issue and currently working on a fix. Hopefully, the fix will be released with the next update. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45228802-illust...) and adding your comment there? By doing this, you will get updates and helps prioritize it.

Apologies again! We appreciate your patience.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Same here. 150 product going purple-yellow and needs relinking. Much fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its november now looks like the issue is still not fixed ... i am embedding the photo and some how managing it 

but most of my customers dont know ... we have 9 accounts looks like the problem is only in 4 accounts 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @shishir27035451avbp,

Thanks for reaching out. This issue was fixed in v26.4, but it resurfaced in v27.0. We have addressed this issue again in v27.0.1 which will be released soon to the public worldwide. 

Please be patient and stay tuned for updates.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a little tip.. if you have many images to embed you can do all at once by selecting them in the links panel

Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 4.08.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happening in 18 nov 2022. Adobe cant fix a bug in more than a year.

Just lost a week's work. Thank you Adobe. This sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening on the new 2023 version on MAC.

The issue apparently has not been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

@Simona5FDD @rolom17175317 @shishir27035451avbp @Julius25978332d3gj @Baruch220614570sop @Boris0608 @jamile @Ornella2609028749u7

We are glad to inform you that this issue has been fixed in Illustrator v27.0.1. 

Note: The files which are corrupted will not get fixed. To fix them, first, update to v27.0.1 and ensure you relink all the images in order to resolve the issue in the existing files. Let us know if the issue persists after doing this.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it as Correct to highlight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

april 2023 - still same issue - this has not been fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version do you have? Did you relink the images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It stopped happening for me. I started embeding inserted PNG's immediately after I import them and that also maybe contributed to the solving of the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines