• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Preferences (Edit, Add, Browse) Missing

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to add Media Sizes and it looks like the dialog box has been wierdly cutoff. 

Any ideas?  

Print Media Setup.jpg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like more of a system error than an Illustrator issue..? Did you try closing your computer down and trying again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have rebooted many times. uninstalled AI and reinstalled. uninstalled Adobe and reinstalled.  something with the Adobe PDF print driver is not playing nice with the Windows Dialog box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not an Illustrator-generated dialog, it's an OS-level printer driver interface. In any case, I'm not sure "adding media sizes" is an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this a screenshot from my other laptop. this is what the dialog box should look like.  i need to "Add" a size to the "Adobe Pdf Page Size.  the option is cut off. there is no scrolling over. there is no resizing the box to fit. there is no changing the display percent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to print to pdf?

Save As, and choose pdf as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need to "Add" a size to the "Adobe Pdf Page Size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well really, you kind of don't need to do that. As Met1 advised, if you just Save As... PDF, the PDF page size will be dictated by your Illustrator artboard size.

That said, now that you posted the second screenshot of the complete dialog, I see why you feel there's a problem where it's incomplete. I'd be curious whether it's the same way when accessed from elsewhere (outside of Illustrator...with Illustrator not running), like directly from Windows Control panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Jeff28107055yd0j,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly try resetting the Display Preferences under Windows Settings to use the default resolution and 100% scaling (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-display-settings-in-windows-37f0e05e-98a9-474c-317a...) and sharing your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines