• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with arabic text in illustrator (2021)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , i have a problem with arabic text in illustrator (picture below).

i tried solutions that i found in the forum but it didn't work :

-Preferences->type->check "show indice option

-after click on "middle east & south asian middle-line composer" in the paragraph window .

I have always the same problem . the text is always without ligature & letter by letter .

Thanks for help

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Salam Ebrahim,

It appears that you don't have the Middle Eastern (ME) version of Illustrator, The ME version will give you much better Right-to-Left controls for short and long documents.

To be sure tha you have ME version of Illustrator, check if you can see these Right-to-Left type tools…

RTL-type-tool.jpg

If you don't have them and wishes to replace your Illustrator with ME version, then check the steps here…

ZaidAlHilali_0-1635855112227.jpeg

1. From the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop menu, click on All Apps to view a list of installed Adobe applications
  2. Click the three ellipses shown beside each installed application
  3. Choose Uninstall to remove the non-Arabic application
  4. Once ALL installed applications have been uninstalled/removed, click on the “Account” icon found on the top-right corner of the Creative Cloud desktop application and choose “Preferences”
  5. In the newly opened Preferences dialogue window, click on “Apps” in the left pane
  6. From the “Default install Language” drop menu choose English يدعم العربية in order to have Arabic support in Adobe applications, then click the “Done” button.

ZaidAlHilali_2-1635855112278.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines