• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with transition color in a gradiant

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a problem in Illustrator where I have a gradient of a light and a dark shade of blueBoth shades do not look very reddish. But the color that emerges in the gradiant is totally purple. Due to my printing process, I have to specify both shades as pantone value. What can I influence the color in the gradient? Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print and publish , Scripting , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us an example? Are these 2 diffrent Pantone colors you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 2 different colors: Pantone 292 and 293

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us an example?

Does the purple show on screen, in a color print?

Do you use them as spot colors or convert them to CMYK?

Did you use Overprint preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a problem in Illustrator where I have a gradient of a light and a dark shade of blueBoth shades do not look very reddish. But the color that emerges in the gradiant is totally purple. Due to my printing process, I have to specify both shades as pantone value. What can I influence the color in the gradient? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Illustrator forum from Community Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you are trying to blend from one Pantone color to the other. I would do the following;

gradient.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What value of Pantone are you using, and what is your output intent? There are pantone values for Coated, Uncoated, Process (CMYK, as in the Bridge Coated/Uncoated). Note that Pantone colours may differ to how they are displayed, beacuse Pantone is and "Ink" and not a "Colour". How a Pantone colour behaves on a blend is hard to simulate because it depends on the ink, substrate and print process. Contact the printer that will work with this it is the only way. They may need to do tests because the possible variations are too many and they may not have tried exactly what you want to do.

(For best simulation of spot colours use CMYK Colour mode, because otherwise you cannot proof colours. And define your spot colurs as LAB. View the result using simulate proof colours on a calibrated monitor, but be aware that some Pantone colours are outside the Gamut of a monitor)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines