Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

QR Codes Not Working Once Exported from Illustrator to .pdf

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am having some issues with QR codes in Adobe. I created a QR code in Adobe InDesign, and brought it over to Illustrator for a full page magazine ad I am designing.

the QR code worked great when I made it in InDesign before I brought it over, and also worked when I tested in in the Illustrator file viewing at 100%.

I "saved as" .pdf, and when viewing at 100%, the QR code does not work. If I zoom in quite a bit, it does work.

Is this just because the QR code need to be bigger? It is currently .5119"x.5119". I don't want it to be gigantic, but I'm not sure what other issues might be causing it not to read.

ALSO... For you other Adobe users out there... Is InDesign your go-to QR code generator? Or do you prefer something else? 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Import and export, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021
Yes, I did try printing it out. The only thing that made it work was making it bigger. I am looking for these page display setting and I am not seeing them. Edit-->Preferences-->?

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you print out the code or scanned with your cell from the screen????????

There likely is nothing wrong with the QR code in the .pdf file, you may have a vie setting like enhance thin lines on. Try printing out and scnaning.

MikeGondek_0-1635289245819.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I did try printing it out. The only thing that made it work was making it bigger. 

I am looking for these page display setting and I am not seeing them. Edit-->Preferences-->?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe this post is releant to me issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines