Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

question about SVG

Enthusiast ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created a SVG with Illustrator (I selected only the circle and exported the selection) :

Screenshot-21-49-02.png

And In Adobe Frame Maker I have done Insert/image, so it imports the SVG but as you can see I have some display problems (see red arrows). And if I print with Frame Maker I have the same problem. Why ?

Screenshot-21-35-50.png

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened a thread in Frame maker community forum. 

But About Illustrator, I have noticed that there is a difference between :

1) "Save As" and "File/Export the selection" : Adobe Frame Maker does not support this type of SVG.

2) "Export As" : Adobe Frame maker works well with this type of SVG.

Why ?

In Illustrator, is there is a different standard setting (for SVG) between "Save as" and "Export as", that could explain the Frame maker behavior ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There actually is a difference. "Save as" produces the older code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

Does "File/export the selection" also produces the older code ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export selection uses the Export for screens module and should not produce older code.

Export for screens needs to be set up to your needs. Click on the cogwheel symbol to access the file format options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Between "File/Export the selection" and "Export As" (that are not producing the older code) :

1) I don't change the export SVG settings :

Screenshot-19-25-09.jpg

2) In case of File/Export the selection :

I first select the graphic, then I do "File/Export the selection" and select SVG.

3) In case of "Export As" :

I first done "Object/Artboard/Fit to artwork bounds", then I "Export As" and select SVG.

Result :

1) in case of "File/Export the selection" inside Illustrator : Adobe Frame maker does not support completely the SVG.

2) in case of "Export As" inside Illustrator : Adobe Frame maker is working well with the SVG..

I am wondering if it is the same SVG that Illustrator export in these two cases. As they have the same SVG setting and don't produce both the older code, is there another differece that could explain the Frame maker behavior ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you might want to share the affected SVGs so they can be compared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the two SVG files in attachment of the same graphic :

1) "export the selection" (made by selecting the graphic, then File/Export the selection).

2) "Export as mode" (made by doing object/artboard/fit to artwork bounds, then export as).

Do you see any differences ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an additional grou in one of them:

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 21.14.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the two SVG are different. In that case, why the SVG "export the selection" is not working well with Frame maker ? and why the SVG "export as mode" is working fine with Frame maker ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The SVGs are different because of the selection. Apart from that the code is the same logic.

Why FrameMaker cannot deal with that group you should ask in the Frame Maker forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines