• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Date created" changes to "date modified" for Illustrator files created in Ai 2020 on macOS Mojave.

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do Illustrator files always have the same creation and modification date (and hour)? Also when I created the file the day before, the creation date will changed when I save it. Thanks

Schermata 2020-02-05 alle 12.10.03.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Hi Srishti, I posted my first comment about this issue in the page that you suggested me.

Here is the link: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39153778-home-screen-lists-unmodified-files-as-last-modifi

Regards,

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Hi,

Thank you for your time and patience. We have tried to address this issue in our latest build of 24.1.2. If you are not already on v 24.1.2, then we recommend you to update to latest version and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Windows that problem doesn't exist, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that the problem will be on Mac Os bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to save a file with Illustrator CS6, the creation date does not change: no problem with CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bridge does not seem to forget the creation date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue in Bridge 2020. Bridge only shows the date of Illustrator file.

But, if I duplicate an Illustrator file in Bridge and in Bridge I save it the creation date still remain the original, so probably is an Illutrator 2020 bug (also in 2019).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get Info in the Mac Finder give the same modify/creation date, but Bridge remembers the Creation date.

macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought (and on my Mac is like this) Mac Finder and Bridge shows the same modify/creation date, isn’t it?

Where Bridge remenber the creation date?

macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where Bridge remenber the creation date?

In the Metadata.

bridge date vs finder.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very strange, why Bridge and Finder don't shows the same thing? On mine they shows the same.

I attached an example, this draw was not created in one second.

Schermata 2020-02-06 alle 12.02.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I attached an example, this draw was not created in one second."

I don't think I could draw that fast 🙂

It looks like we have the same mac System version, Bridge version and Illustrator version (24.0.3). Maybe someone else has a good idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luca,

Thanks for reaching out and highlighting this. We are able to replicate this issue at our end. I have forwarded it to our Product team and would request you to take a moment and share it on our UserVoice page: https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Once done, post the link here so that others can also upvote this issue. 

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti, I posted my first comment about this issue in the page that you suggested me.

Here is the link: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39153778-home-screen-li...

Regards,

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your time and patience. We have tried to address this issue in our latest build of 24.1.2. If you are not already on v 24.1.2, then we recommend you to update to latest version and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I updated Illustrator and Bridge to 24.1.2 but the issue still remain the same. When I open an existing file, and after few modification I save it, Illustrator change the creation date to match the file modification date.

Regards, Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking that, Luca. I will pass it on our Product team. Actually there are two different issues that are being discussed on this UserVoice page. which created the confusion. Issue with Home Screen sorting is resolved. 

I would suggest that if you could create a new UserVoice thread and share it here.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that Adobe is aware of this Creation Date getting changed to Modification Date issue since 2020. I'm still experiencing this same problem May 1, 2021 with the latest 25.2.3.

Creation Date is important because it shows when the project started. No other software I have does this everytime!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this subject? I addressed this problem in late 2020 and again in January last year if I remember correctly. Today I am working with the latest version 26.0.1 and this problem still exists. 

Hope 2022 will be the year with the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to have anything changed in the application, please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

There you can also track what's happening to your request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on AI 27.4.1 (aka 2020) and issue remains. It's maddening trying to keep track of original creation and modified dates. Adding to the confusion is "Content created" which is cryptic and I presume indicated the very first time the content was created. However it is some 2 months after "Modified"! Am on Big Sur 11.5.2

odd dates in AI.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's another file adding to the confusion:

Content created is earlier than Created, compared to the file above.

Confusing dates.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines