• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error loading plugins. DxfDwgFileFormat.aip" Export to DWG option missing in Illustrator 25.4.1

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Windows 10 machine and when I upgraded to Illustrator CC 2021, there is no longer a DXF option on either the Save As or Export options.

Also, every time I open Illustrator I get an error message "Error loading plugins. DxfDwgFileFormat.aip"

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Hi @stevel15736385,

We are sorry for the trouble. Multiple users have reported this issue on v25.4.6. I would like to inform you that we updated RealDWG from the 2022 version to RealDWG 2023 to fix an issue. RealDWG 2023 is only supported for macOS 10.15 or later, so now you have the following options to resolve the issue:

1. Upgrade to macOS 10.15 or newer.

2. Upgrade Illustrator to recent version 26.3.1

3. Install an older version, i.e., v25.4.5.

Kindly update the discussion if you still n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reinstalled just Illustrator AND did the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool.

On first run of Illustrator, still get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the DxfDwgFileFormat.aip file if you navigate to here?

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2021\Plug-ins\Illustrator Formats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure where else to go with this except contacting customer support and seeing what they think:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble you are facing. I would like to know if you were able to locate the "DxfDwgFileFormat.aip" file in the location shared by @Doug A Roberts? Also, I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Does did this started happening after upgrading to 25.4.1?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.
  • Please install the previous version of Illustrator and check if you are getting this error.

Looking forward to your response.

Reagrds,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

Yes. I can see the file.

Reseting preferences does not fix.

I installed 24.3 and everything works fine in that version. But the file name for the dxfdwgformat changed from 24 to 25.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that it is working in the previous version for you. Also, I would request you to install v25.4.1 in your free time and try the steps shared in this post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) step by step and share your observation with us.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

reinstalling v25.4.1 and following all steps suggested in the shared link does not resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@itsjustchris, please check your DM.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul, anythink has been changed? I really need to save DXF files, and even after trying solutions you show itsjustchris still nothing works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. Could you please confirm your OS and version of Illustrator? Also, if you haven't installed v26.0.1 of Illustrator, then please install and check if you are getting the DXF export option or not in this version.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul,

i have the same issue, i can't Export to DXF format.

i'm using Windows 11 Pro for Workstations, Illustrator 26.0.1 (64 bit)

but the option to Export/Save to DXF is just gone...

i reinstalled illustrator, i even tried version 25.4.1, no success.

any idea what is wrong ?

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. You may try giving the proper read & write permission to the Illustrator folder:

Perform the following procedure, once each for the following folders:

• C:\Program Files\Adobe
  • C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe
  • C:\ProgramData\Adobe
  • C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  • C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator <version> Settings

1. Open the File Explorer window. Click the View tab, and then select Hidden items.
  2. Navigate to the folder using the paths given above.
  3. In File Explorer, right-click the folder and choose Properties.
  4. Click the Security tab, and then click Edit to set permissions.
  5. In the Permissions dialog, select your user name. Then, in the Permissions area, deselect the Deny checkbox.
  6. Click OK twice.
  7. Launch Adobe Illustrator and try exporting the DXF file.

Let us know how it goes. I'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

I gave premission to all the folders you mentioned, 

the 4th folder (C:\ProgramData\Adobe) encounter a problem with one or two items, but finished the premission change.

I launched Illustrator, (both versions, 26.0.1 & 25.4.1).

The DXF export option i still not avilable.

I hope this get fixed ASAP.

Thank you very much for your efforts so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps. I've sent a DM. Please check.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on my mac OS 10.14.5 Ai ver 25.4. Any advise...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stevel15736385,

We are sorry for the trouble. Multiple users have reported this issue on v25.4.6. I would like to inform you that we updated RealDWG from the 2022 version to RealDWG 2023 to fix an issue. RealDWG 2023 is only supported for macOS 10.15 or later, so now you have the following options to resolve the issue:

1. Upgrade to macOS 10.15 or newer.

2. Upgrade Illustrator to recent version 26.3.1

3. Install an older version, i.e., v25.4.5.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

Can we get a fix for this for the older OS? I am using macOS version 10.14.6 and have the same trouble with the DxfDwgFileFormat.aip plugin.

Thank you!

Oana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ThrillerUSA,

Thanks for reaching out. For the older version of macOS, you will need to install Illustrator v25.4.5 or older to resolve the issue. You can download it from the Creative Cloud Desktop app (https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html),

Anshul_Saini_0-1658183895201.png

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that, @ThrillerUSA. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to version 25.4.5 resolves the issue on MacPro (2010) running MacOS 10.14.6 with no further action required to make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines