• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Export As" Suffix Checkbox and Artboard/Export Feature Requests

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone explain to me the function of the Suffix checkbox when you use Export As from Illustrator (on Windows 10)? It has no impact on file names whether or not you check it because I can't see any way to actually enter a suffix unless you select Export for Screens instead of Export As. Or am I missing somewhere else you can enter a suffix before then choosing Export As?

Furthermore, can Adobe please:

1) Add a feature where you can reset your artboard names automatically? I often end up with, for example, "Artboard 16 copy 8" etc etc at the end of my process, and I'd like to be able to reset them all to "Artboard 1" to "Artboard 18" (or however many artboards there are) without having to do so manually, just based on the order they're in. 

2) Add another feature on Export As where you can choose whether or not Illustrator uses your artboard names at the end (which is what I would have assumed the Suffix checkbox did, but it doesn't). As far as I can tell, if you don't edit your artboard names, your PNGs/JPGs will just export with "-01" etc on the end (even if the artboard is called "Artboard 16 copy 8") - fine, but if you rename an artboard at any stage, it automatically puts the name on the end instead of the number. I'd like to be able to choose whether or not I want to use the artboard names, if I rename them (or even better, use the numbers followed by the artboard names). 

TOPICS
Feature request , How-to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you export just one of many artboards, Illustrator always added a suffix in previous versions and people wanted a choice to turn that off. When you export multiple artboards, then a suffix is needed so you can even save them and they do not overwrite each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying Monika. 

Right, so it only impacts the export if it's a single artboard being exported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Exporting multiple artboards without suffix (the artboard number is the suffix) makes no sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the artboard number can be the suffix. If you've renamed any of the artboards, that's what the suffix becomes, which is irritating if your artboards are badly named (e.g. 'Artboard 16 copy 8' etc, as mentioned above). It's really not intuitive. I'd suggest to Adobe that the artboard numbers should be a separate checkbox. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you have a feature request, might want to make in to the relevant people (the engineers). This forum is 95% volunteers.

You want to post to https://illustrator.uservoice.com

The way the functionality is working now, means that it makes no sense to export multiple artboards without a suffix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is tagged as a feature request. But sure, can also post in the User Voice forums. If Adobe don't pick them up from here, they probably need to remove that tag and make it clearer they only listen to feature requests from the UV forums.

Yes, hence my original question clarifying how it works/whether you can add a suffix elsewhere for Export As...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lubalbs  schrieb:

This is tagged as a feature request. But sure, can also post in the User Voice forums. If Adobe don't pick them up from here, they probably need to remove that tag and make it clearer they only listen to feature requests from the UV forums.

Yes, hence my original question clarifying how it works/whether you can add a suffix elsewhere for Export As...

Unfortunately the feature requests are handled differently by each of the teams. Some do actually handle feautre requests via this forum, the Illustrator team doesn't.

This forum is 95% volunteers. We only tell you, we are not responsible for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's fine, I wasn't suggesting you were responsible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines