• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"TDR detected" illustrator fails

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its just starting today as brand new headache. it says "TDR detected" than closing.

My graphic card driver is updated and its Nvidia GTX 760,

I have 4K Philips monitor and using 3840 x 2160 res. Is it a problem for illustrator???

how can i solve this issue? any help

screen.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Here is a link to the 361.91 drivers for Windows 10 64-bit:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/98556/en-us

Here is a direct link to the 361.91 drivers for Windows 10 32-bit:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/98555/en-us

These drivers should resolve NVIDIA bug 1726408 with Illustrator CC 2015 on updated Windows 10 PCs.

While the specific issues were predominantly with GeForce 6xx and 7xx GPUs, all Windows 10 systems with NVIDIA GPUs are recommended to upgraded to t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 129 Replies 129
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct me if I'm wrong but the special GPU acceleration that this issue is related to only works on NVIDIA cards. So if you got an AMD card you won't have an option to turn on GPU acceleration so it will be just like having the NVIDIA card with a bad driver. (Adobe Illustrator GPU Performance feature enhancements)

I see these options until NVIDIA fix the driver.

- Roll back to old driver

- Turn off GPU acceleration (the little rocket in the menu bar) and accept the lack of smooth scroll etc

- By a new NVIDIA card that isn't affected by this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Illustrator system requirement page is not clear...

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html#main-pars_minitoc

It says it supports nvidia only and gives a list with Nvidia, Intel and AMD cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair point. Looks like I'm wrong and you can buy others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet! Even with rolled back drivers, I just got another TDR error and lost 20 minutes of work. Just lovely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, shaned.  Got confused, especially reading from a phone

Anyways, yes, we're looking at deploying ATi cards in the next round of updates too.  As Ben.io said, most of the Adobe software is compatible with Intel, NVIDIA, and ATi.  It wasn't so a while back, but something about hardware acceleration for both OpenCL and OpenGL now.  The only problem is that for some specific GPU acceleration, NVIDIA/CUDA cores are still needed (e.g. raytracing in After Effects).  In any case, this whole driver issue will certainly play a role, especially since we haven't had much issues with AMD/ATi thus far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, shaned.  Got confused, especially reading from a phone

Anyways, yes, we're looking at deploying ATi cards in the next round of updates too.  As Ben.io said, most of the Adobe software is compatible with Intel, NVIDIA, and ATi.  It wasn't so a while back, but something about hardware acceleration for both OpenCL and OpenGL now.  The only problem is that for some specific GPU acceleration, NVIDIA/CUDA cores are still needed (e.g. raytracing in After Effects).  In any case, this whole driver issue will certainly play a role, especially since we haven't had much issues with AMD/ATi thus far.

No worries. If you do decide to switch GPUs, you'll want to run this program before installing your new GPUs (Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.7.3.1). Otherwise you may end-up with driver conflicts (I unfortunately had this happen to me when I went from ATI to NVIDIA). Best of luck! I'm hoping Monday's new drivers completely solves our errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I've tried everything but still can't even draw a circle in illustrator.  I'm using GPU-Z to monitor usage and haven't exceeded 550MB on a 4GB GTX 760.

Edit: Just saw this in the thread:

"The 361.xx driver to fix this issue is scheduled to be released on Monday.

- Mark Kilgard, NVIDIA driver engineer"

So, the problem should be solved by end of day today (15-02-16)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chmbrs wrote:

Any update on this? I've tried everything but still can't even draw a circle in illustrator.  I'm using GPU-Z to monitor usage and haven't exceeded 550MB on a 4GB GTX 760.

New driver (361.91) is out now. I'm giving it a whirl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shaned94196317,

I'm quite interested in whether the 361.91 drivers resolve your issue.

- Mark Kilgard, NVIDIA driver guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark Kilgard wrote:

shaned94196317,

I'm quite interested in whether the 361.91 drivers resolve your issue.

- Mark Kilgard, NVIDIA driver guys

I have them installed and I'll continue working with GPU Performance enabled for a day or so and report back. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to the 361.91 drivers for Windows 10 64-bit:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/98556/en-us

Here is a direct link to the 361.91 drivers for Windows 10 32-bit:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/98555/en-us

These drivers should resolve NVIDIA bug 1726408 with Illustrator CC 2015 on updated Windows 10 PCs.

While the specific issues were predominantly with GeForce 6xx and 7xx GPUs, all Windows 10 systems with NVIDIA GPUs are recommended to upgraded to these drivers.

Details and discussion of these drivers can be found at:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/916860/geforce-drivers/official-361-91-game-ready-whql-disp...

- Mark Kilgard, NVIDIA driver engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new driver is working for me. 

I opened some files that were giving problems before and have not received the same TDR message.

Good work and thank you for this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark - everything seems to be working well now. I've tried some intensive effects and have had no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JackELT, glad the 361.91 drivers work for you now.  This was a difficult, vexing issue involving how Windows 10 changed around the WDDM2 interface assumptions and that change mis-interacting with NVIDIA's graphics driver for certain GPUs.

I appreciate the helpful feedback on this forum thread.  To all those who commented on this thread, your feedback was essential in identifying the population of affected GPUs to narrow down and identify the root cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark... so far so good. I opened a medium complexity (28MB) floor plan file (which I couldn't open before due to the TDR) and everything seems to be working fine. I'll keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark... I am pleased (EXTREMELY pleased, actually) to report that after a full day's work using Illustrator with GPU acceleration I have had no errors.

Woo-hoo! Thanks, Mark and everyone at NVIDIA!

Now let's hope Microsoft doesn't screw this up with some new Windows update.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Now let's hope Microsoft doesn't screw this up with some new Windows update.

To be clear, the problematic interaction was very hard to foresee and in any case not something wrong on Microsoft's end.  Certainly Microsoft did not screw anything up.  The WDDM2 subsystem in Windows 10 is a great step forward in GPU support.

Drivers and operating systems are just damn complicated sometimes.  But that shouldn't ever have to be an Illustrator user's problem.  What's disappointing to me -- and something I aim to rectify -- is this problematic interaction escaped an extensive QA process.  We understand the root cause in this case so we can address it now.

I offer my thanks to those who helped provide the information to resolve this.  I offer my sincere apologies to those whose time and creative energy was wasted on this.

- Mark Kilgard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

[personal data removed by forum moderator]

www.EpicCapital.solutions <http://www.epiccapital.solutions/>

LinkedIn Profile <http://lnkd.in/yeA4r2>

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Mark Kilgard <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent job, mark and co.!  Working without a hitch after some hardcore Illustratoring.  Keep up the great solution process and hope it kills more bugs in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark... works like charming now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will test further and report back too.  So far so good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark, for the updates. Seems fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

361.91 fixes my issues as well (GTX 780 Ti 3GB). No more crashes.

These types of driver/OS problems happen from time to time—that's life.

What makes all the difference in the world is simply having a line of communication with the manufacturer so that we know that the problem is being addressed.

In this case, Mark has done a stand-up job in helping us all through the issue. Big round of applause for Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, so anyone of you have managed to solve those problems with nvidia and AI?
Faced those issues since oct/nov '15, i worked around it by launching AI with the Intel integrated graphics (4600 something), which btw works perfectly. Yesterday I tried to switch again to the nVidia GPU, mine is a GTX 760m 2GB, and I still have the same problem I had in november.
Well, not exactly the same: at that time the "TDR window" showed, now it just hangs when I open a file - even a new blank page - and stays this way until I close it forcedly.

Problem disappears again if AI is launched with intel graphics support or if it's dsabled at all.

So, if this is the only case, I should assume the fault is entirely on the MS windows 10 Technical Preview, shouldn't I?
many thanks.

PS: my nV drivers version is 368.22, even rolling back to previous ones, one by one up until 359.06 was useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't do anything too intensive but I was able to do a lot more (draw some stuff with the blob tool) which I wasn't able to do before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines