Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"View using GPU" makes selected objects disappear during drag

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New M2 MacBook Air, 24 GB RAMM, 2TB SSD running Mac OS 12.6, Illustrator v26.5

Selected objects disapper from view when dragging them across the canvas. They don't disappear when I "View using CPU." See attached screenshot of "Performance" preference pane. Note: Under GPU Performance, it says, "Compatible GPU available"

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 1.23.41 PM.png

I now have an appaently good GPU, and I'd like to use it!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

What kind of objects and what color? White shapes disappear with GPU and with Real-Time Drawing and Editing checked. Try without Real-Time Drawing and Editing checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of objects and what color? White shapes disappear with GPU and with Real-Time Drawing and Editing checked. Try without Real-Time Drawing and Editing checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yours is the correct answer. I unchecked "Real-Time Drawing and Editing" in "Performance" preferences, and that made the basic selected (no color fill and outline) object visible during drag. Note: I mistakenly ckecked "corect answer" on another replay and didn't see how to uncheck it!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Darlene Swanson,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. Would you mind trying resetting Illustrator preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html)?

If that doesn't help, would you mind sharing a small recording demonstrating the issue along with your observation after trying Ton's suggestions as well?

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards.

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines