• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radial brick pattern in AI

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what's wrong but I'm drawing a total blank. How can I create something like this in Illustrator? Easily. I just want one ring of bricks.

TOPICS
Draw and design , How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a pattern brush this is possible. Do not outline the strokes before creating the brush.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-08 um 19.44.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another way is to use the Polar Grid Tool, here, the outer brics are made with a 100 x 100 pt grid with 32 radial dividers

then I made a copy of it, scaled it 80%, rotated it, repeat a few times

CarlosCanto_0-1704740685892.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faith,

You can do it with complete accuracy in three stages using two free scripts and a simple Artbrush, customized for your own design. If you wish to be able to have separate tiles, a fourth stage can be added.

For the case in your screenshot (please use the Insert Images button at the top of the Reply box, looking like moon over mountains, rather then attaching) it looks like this:

Click to get closer, Click again to get closer still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faith,

If you are satisfied with an accurate but simple appearance with stroke and fill (no background showing through), you can do it with the Polar Grid and a Circle in two simple stages, first creating, then rotating.

Click to get closer, Click again to get closer still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Carlos already wrote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines