• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: PLEASE FIX HIDE SELECTED TEXT : AI CC2017!!!!

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, also an issue on Win10.

And thanks for discovering that the desired functionality is still there if you disable the GPU. Personally, I can live without the GPU acceleration if it means I can edit text color etc. and see what I'm doing without the text selection interfering.

But I shouldn't have to!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jhbradley,

I would request you to please share a video or screenshot of what you get when GPU Acceleration is turned on?

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get why this was "branched" to a new discussion... there was never even one response to it, so the first response is made into a new discussion... ok... anyway...

Srishti... you asked for a screenshot, but I think that's overkill... The only thing that changes is... NOTHING.

When you highlight text "normally", it is, well, highlighted. In the past, if you then hit Ctrl/Cmd+H, it would hide the highlighting, so you could make changes to that section without seeing the highlight color. Now, when you do the same "hide" command, nothing changes... it just stays highlighted. IF you turn off GPU acceleration, it hides the highlighting, but as long as GPU Acceleration is turned on, the text highlighting is never hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can report this as a bug here:

Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, back in November of 2016 when I made the original post. It's still not fixed, but at least someone from Adobe finally responded, so I'm just trying to respond while they're paying attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would report it again, This is a recent way of submitting bugs and feature requests.

And it does not look like a black hole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines