• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent Documents no longer showing when no document is open

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if something changed, but suddenly I no longer see the thumbnails of recent documents when no document is open.

I went through Edit > Preferences > General... but I don't see an option to select that says "show recent documents"

How can I get these thumbnails back?  Even though it is a minor inconvenience to have to go up to file and open recent documents every time, it really does slow down my workflow because I open recent documents quite often.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try choosing the Start workspace from the Workspace popup menu in the upper right of your window. (see attached)

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 4.09.38 PM.png

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Jeff.  Unfortunately I don't have that option in my workspace menu.  see attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about under the Window menu > Workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same options there as in the pop up window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are missing this setting which should appear inc CC2015 & 2017.

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 3.42.29 PM.png

And the gear icon.

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 3.45.19 PM.png

Have you restarted Illustrator since this began?

More Thorough Reset Your Preferences.

Quit Illustrator

Finder >> Shift Command G

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 21 Settings/en_US*/Adobe Illustrator Prefs

rename Adobe Illustrator 21 to Adobe Illustrator 21 old

Reset Your Other Preferences

Quit Illustrator

Finder >> Shift Command G

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator 21/

rename Adobe Illustrator 21 to Adobe Illustrator 21 old

Press Win+R -> appdata -> Roaming -> Adobe -> rename folder Adobe Illustrator 20 (or 21) Settings to any other name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had restarted several times, but this time I went through the file menu to exit out instead of the "x" in the right corner (im on PC).  Then I logged into the creative cloud app and opened illustrator from that menu and the start/recent shows up now.  I'm not sure what the problem was still or what fixed it, but its showing up now.  It is blank with no recent projects but at least it is there.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know thanks for the update!

The Adobe cloud app is critical to your adobe apps running correctly. Make sure the Adobe cloud app is happy as we have seen many errors happening when spinning wheels on Adobe cloud exist or if people run Adobe apps with that the cloud being up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been disabled. The Recent Files workspace is missing

Please Adobe BRING THIS BACK ! saved me hours of hunting for files.

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using Creative Cloud, check to see if you're signed in. If not, sign in and then close Adobe. Then restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me. I have restarted program and computer and chosen "reset start" from "workspace" menu. Also, the list of recent files is remaining empty.

Also, issues with when I open a file through the open or create new menu, nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only way I was able to get around this annoyance was to Browse in Bridge and view recent files that way…

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 4.02.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what this discussion is about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Samantha,

Are you looking for the recent files on the start screen? If yes, please try the suggestion shared above (by Peter Norton/Tromboniator ). If that doesn't help, please share the following details:

• OS (exact version of Windows)
  • Version of Illustrator
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help resolve the issue?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines