• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

relink missing links - Please Locate "file name": where has right click to copy the name gone?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working remotely I very often have to relink placed images in illustrator.  When prompted to Please Locate "File Name": I would right normally "right click" (bottom button on my Wacom) copy the name and pase into the search bar, saving the time of searching thousands of files on the server and the hastle of having to type out each file name, until todays macOS BigSur and illustrator updates that is!

Not sure if it's the MacOS upgrade or the Illustrator update but any thoughts would be most appreciated.

screen shot of what happens on my other mac (not yet upgraded).

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is happening in other Adobe Applications as well (InDesign). I am able to replicate this issue on my Mac machine running Big Sur 11.5.2. Could you please share a few more details like:

• The exact version of macOS Big Sur and Illustrator
  • The version of macOS in which it was working for you

However, while relinking, I just type a starting part of the file name I am looking for and select the "Name Matches" filter in the search bar as a workaround. It makes it easier and faster for Mac to search the file.

Anshul_Saini_0-1631555485894.png

Anshul_Saini_2-1631555485936.png

I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

Not working on BigSur 11.5.2/Illustrator 25.4.1

Still works on Catalina 10.15.7/Illustrator 25.4.1

Cheers

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details, Tim. I will check this with the product team and get back to you.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for being so patient. I checked this with the product team. It is happening due to the change in OS behavior. The relink dialog box is handle by macOS, not Illustrator. So, I would suggest you to contact Apple regarding this.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll get on that.

Cheers

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So happy to see this thread - it's wasting so much tine and making me nuts - did you make any headway with Apple on the subject? LMK if so and I'll hop on that thread and chime in if that would help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! I've been having the same issue since upgrading to BigSur and haven't been able to find any other relevant thread... Did you maybe happen to get an answer from Apple? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines