Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relinking multiple missing images at once

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi –

I have a number of Ai files that have many many missing linked images in them. The images still exist on my machine (with the same original filename) but through poor file mangement have somehow ended up scattered across folders different to where they originally were. In some cases the same image now exists in 2 or more different folders.

I can relink each image individually by searching for each file name but this would take me literally days to complete all the links.

Is there any quick way of having Illustrator just go and search for all missing links at once given it knows the filenames of the links and all the files (with the same original filename) are still on my harddrive?

I'm hoping either Illustrator can already do this, or a script exists.

I'm running the latest Illustrator 2023 (v 27.1.1)

Thanks

TOPICS
Scripting , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Put all the images either in the same folder as your source file (or in a folder there called Links).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Hello @bpk101,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind trying to put the Illustrator file in the same folder as the images, as suggested by Met1, and then trying to relink the pictures to check if it helps:

• Check the "Apply to All" checkbox
  • Click on the "Repair" button
  • Browse to where the new file is
  • All images should be relinked automatically
  • You would need to repeat that for each AI file

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put all the images either in the same folder as your source file (or in a folder there called Links).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - worked a treat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @bpk101,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind trying to put the Illustrator file in the same folder as the images, as suggested by Met1, and then trying to relink the pictures to check if it helps:

• Check the "Apply to All" checkbox
  • Click on the "Repair" button
  • Browse to where the new file is
  • All images should be relinked automatically
  • You would need to repeat that for each AI file

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines