• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing shape w/ Shift and Control Bounding Box Disappeared???

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with my Mac Mini Late 2014 running El Capitan. Don't want to upgrade the OS for other reasons. My build of AI CC is 22.1.

Suddenly, I cannot get the rescale bounding box around a given shape or (text) whgile depressing Shift and Command as before..........what did I do? I restarted AT CC but that made no difference....

Helpppp..........you folks have always known the answer to my issues. I wish that I could have stayed with AI 6 CS which was flawless BUT Adobe told me that my version was "illegal" after 3 years of purchasing and using it daily. I'm not really liking AI CC BUT have no choice.......

I did select the "Classic" view for the files and interface BUT there are so many subtle but critical things to relearn that it slows down my work flow...and I'm 72, BTW, so new stuff is not as easy as it used to be for me. 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Go to View menu and select "Show Bounding Box".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to View menu and select "Show Bounding Box".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you, sir or madam!! You just saved my arse!!!! You did your good deed of the day!

I must have hit the wrong keyboard combo.......w/o knowing it.

Thanks you again so much!

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The toggle is Cmd(Ctrl)-Shift-B which in some apps will generate faux Bold text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely incredible help, Larry! I've been a toy designer since the 1970s and started using AI back in ythe 90s when forced to switch from a drafting machine to digital......the biggest problem for me switching from AI CS 6 to AI CC is that so many things that commonly use have changed, some for the better but many for the worse. I use AI specifically for orthographic engineering drawings along with a CadTools plugin.......as soon as I started using CC, e3ven the simplest thing like drawing a vector and stopping at the desired point, becamse frustarting since the vector remains active until you deselect it.........sort of a pain and one that I'm used to but not loving.....things like that. On the other hand, the ability to round off corners w/o the need for an old plugin like Xtream Path, is wonderful..........so my cup is half full. Thanks to you ALL for helping an older guy across the finish line!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"even the simplest thing like drawing a vector and stopping at the desired point, became fustrating since the vector remains active until you deselect it"

That is one thing I cannot get used to, so I turned it off in the Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display > Enable Rubber Band for: Pen Tool 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's it? Can you understand how much you just helped me? Thanks to you all for helping drag a senior citizen toy designer across the finish line........I can learn some new things BUT only at the expense of older things being "deleted" from my mental hard drive....and it's not an SSD, either!

You made my day PERFECT!

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines