Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reverse clipping mask

Contributor ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community.

I'm doing a reverse clipping mask method, using the transparency pallet, when I do the clipping mask

I can still see some of the black lines which are somewhat visible as if I have lowered their opacity.

inquestflash_0-1643441086808.pnginquestflash_1-1643441152625.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

inquestflash,

You have to use a full black (or white with the opposite choice for Invert Mask), to mask out the lines completely by making them fully transparent (0% Opacity). My guess is that you have used the dark red instead of full black.

What you see is the low opacity of the lines that is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

inquestflash,

You have to use a full black (or white with the opposite choice for Invert Mask), to mask out the lines completely by making them fully transparent (0% Opacity). My guess is that you have used the dark red instead of full black.

What you see is the low opacity of the lines that is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's it, it didn't occur to me that the mask needed to be black colour, I thought that even a colour would be able to do the masking. Nevertheless converting the purple to black worked.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

inquestflash,

More specifically, the Opacity of the masked object corresponds to the Grayscale value of the masking object; the latter can be seen when by switching to Grayscale in the Color panel. In this case inverted, so 0% corresponds to 100%, 10% corresponds to 90%, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines