• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

right click not working in CC 2015 version

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having this issue?  Works okay for some of my friends, and not for others, including me.  Unable to select an object and right click to bring up transformation options, must use the dropdown.  Yes I am all updated, yes I restarted my computer...on a Mac OS X.  Beta testing El Capitan but friends who are on Yosemite having the same issue and friends on PC’s as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Hello,

We have fixed this issue in our latest CC 2015.2 update. Please apply the patch using Adobe Creative Cloud application.

If you do not see the patch right away

1. Go to Adobe Creative Cloud application
  2. Click on the Gear icon on the top right
  3. From the menu select “Check for App Updates”

Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can also confirm that quitting illustrator then relaunching, brings back the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem too. I never had as many problems as I have had when using Adobe before CC was forced on us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC is not forced upon you, you always have the option not to use it....this thread is not a forum for you to bash the software......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed the issue myself. I was having an issue with 2014 as well, but just today only. I just installed the new Mac El Capitan and when I opened CC 2014 I had no ability to right click or option click. I upgraded to CC 2015 and still am unable to right click or option click. I have not tried deleting any preference files, but it seems that the directory given in this thread doesn't apply to my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lquessenberry, if you delete the pref files as tzubak describes above it will fix the issue.  You will need to do it n every restart though...Interestingly enough though, when I had a force quit it came back without deleting the prefs...I may try that the next time I quit it to see if it makes a difference  El Capitan is not the problem....my friends who are on PC’s have the same issue.  I have filed another bug report....hoping it gets fixed soon! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with a fresh installation of el capitain and cc 2015 illustrator. Some things in photoshop are also not acting right.

Have to add that the customer support here seems very very frustrating. I will report this as a bug like debgrogan and hopefully there will be an update I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I was thinking that there should be a way to write something in the terminal to do the same thing. Not very elegant fix though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re welcome Better than deleting the entire folder each time   It will work for now, bug reports have been sent people are on it I think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing that I found that works is simply locking the "WSMgrCfg" folder so it doesn't create that file, which I read is tied to multiple monitors...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing that I found that works is simply locking the "WSMgrCfg" folder so it doesn't create that file, which I read is tied to multiple monitors...

this fixed it for me too, finally, thanks

Adobe CC 18 (2014), El Capitan, external monitors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made update today to El Capitan 10.11.4 and the issue still appears again.

Grrrr, it drives me crazy. I just want to work!

Best, Reinhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh! Me, too!

Not sure what fixed it, but first I changed my Window>Workspaces setting from my custom "2 screens" set-up to the default "Editing" set-up.  Tried right-clicking and it worked.  Then I went back to the "2 screens" setting and just moved the

program window that I have positioned in my 2nd monitor a little bit and that also allowed for right-clicking to bring up options on an asset/file.

PHEW!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! Would love to get this fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am also having this issue with Wacom Intuos4 (and any input device) on OSX El Capitan. I'm unable to right click on anything in Illustrator. Extremely frustrating, to say the least, since it was working up until quite recently. Either the latest Illustrator update, or upgrade to El Capitan caused this to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue (not able to right-click) since the release of El Capitan. I now run a fully updated 10.11.1 with a fully updated CC. The ONLY thing that works, having read through this and other threads, is a full re-install of Illustrator, and then it's only temporary. It is extremely frustrating as someone who is very dependent on being able to right-click to use contextual menus constantly in my work-flow. And this is only the most pressing issue, on the whole it feels like all the Adobe software I use on a daily bases (AI/PS/INDD) have only gotten buggier and buggier with the annual release schedule. PRETTY PLEASE prioritise making the software stable before adding tons of new features.

To make matters worse, I use no alien drivers, no tablets, no plug-ins... It's as vanilla as it gets. And I'm always up to date in regards to versions. Several of my friends and colleagues also have this issue. This is an Adobe problem, nothing else. Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the fix referred to above as in post #34?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

Short of reinstalling AI (which fixes the issue for a brief while), this is the only fix that seems to be applicable:

Re: El Capitan update seems to have broken my right click just in Illustrator.... Any help would be ...

It's a hack, but easier to do compared to uninstalling and reinstalling. Still, it'd be nice if this could be fixed sometime in the near future since there are clearly a lot of folk with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have fixed this issue in our latest CC 2015.2 update. Please apply the patch using Adobe Creative Cloud application.

If you do not see the patch right away

1. Go to Adobe Creative Cloud application
  2. Click on the Gear icon on the top right
  3. From the menu select “Check for App Updates”

Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, however it says everything is up to date?  Next steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem as well.  Cannot right-click on a number of things.  I try to update to 2015.2 but nothing is showing.  Creative Cloud is not finding this patch.  Have looked for sites with direct downloads as well but nothing.  Can someone please respond to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log out of the Creative Cloud management app, then try logging back in with your Adobe ID and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent patch seems like it worked for me in that it hasn't brought the issue back. Prior to that, the only thing that fixed it was this little hack:

Re: El Capitan update seems to have broken my right click just in Illustrator.... Any help would be ...

If updating doesn't work for you, the process described in the thread above might.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this problem periodically.  I'm fully up to date.  Tried restarting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've checked but I didn't find any updates...

How to solve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines