• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate tool: how to commit rotation

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I choose the rotate tool and rotate an object I've noticed that you can now freely rotate the object without holding down the mouse button and the angle of the rotation is displayed.

The question is HOW do you commit the rotation and move on. Illustrator seems like it's gets stuck in the rotate mode for the current object and I can't select another tool or object.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Did you try clicking the mouse to commit? That works for commit now in Photoshop, so try it, please. (I’m not in my office.)

Also try Cmd + click, which gives you the Selection tool (Ctrl + click for Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Illustrator and what operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cc 2018 & cc2019 windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you rotating without the mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Wacom tablet, let me clarify.

1. I click the rotate tool in the toolbox.

2. I click the object I want to rotate which allows me to rotate it (previous version you had to drag the mouse with the left click held to rotate an object) however now once you click to rotate an object you can release the left button and move the mouse freely to rotate the object (it stays in rotation mode). How do I exit the rotation mode and commit? I tried hitting enter, escape, ctrl-enter of which none worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try clicking the mouse to commit? That works for commit now in Photoshop, so try it, please. (I’m not in my office.)

Also try Cmd + click, which gives you the Selection tool (Ctrl + click for Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried clicking the mouse with left, right and middle clicks, none worked. I'll try the Ctrl click later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I lock the rotation at 0. is there a preference setu up?  I am tired of accidentlally rotating the page while I am working fast. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a different topic. See this thread for discussion and solutions:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/artboard-rotation-while-using-touchpad-for-zo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines