• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotation angle resets to zero on Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the rotate option in the properties panel the value instantly resets to 0 which means I have to memorize what value I'm putting in. Or if I'm doing it manually I end up not knowing how much I've rotated the shape. Is there a way to turn this off?

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version is this?

What kind of object are you rotating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Illustrator. It's a group with in a clipping group, if I isolate the group inside the clipping group it works fine and shows me how much it rotated. Its when I select the group from the layer panel without isolating that it seems to always go back to 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator used to never keep this information. Only in recent versions this somewhat changed, but it's not reliable. It's only reliable for live shapes.

Please make a feature request if you need to have this: http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature request? Sounds more like a bug than anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mjh795932  schrieb

Feature request? Sounds more like a bug than anything.

Use the same URL to report a bug.

The forum is 95% not staff. Nobody will notice bugs you report here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooooh confusing, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As per your query, the Rotation angle resets to 0 immediately after choosing some value. I tried but couldn't see this behaviour on my system.

I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• OS (Exact version of Windows/ MAC)
  • Is the issue related to a specific document or asset? Can you please share a sample file?
  • Few screenshots or a video of the issue.

All this will help us reproduce the issue at our end and report it to the engineering team if required.

PS: You can also upload this information on your uservoice request: Rotation resets to 0 – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny, for me the bug also appeared in the version 27.8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find that the rotation value disappears from the Properties panel, but is retained when using the Rotate tool (select from Toolbar, press R key, or go to Object menu > Transform > Rotate).

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at your transform palette after rotating a shape, is that showing 0 as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines