• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Round corner widget rotates object instead of rounding corner

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Illustrator for 19 years, so I'm not exactly new to it. I've been using the round corner widget for a while now. At first, it annoyed me when it would round the corner when that wasn't what I wanted it to do. NOW, when I want to round the corner, it's rotating the object when I click on the widget. I'm zoomed all the way in and all it want to do is rotate. This is frustrating, I don't want to cut the rotate feature off because I use that as well. Has anyone else experienced this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Asnhul,

As promised I made a video this morning AND in the process I have realised that the issue is related to mouse pointer positioning at higher magnification. An explanation and the video I made are included below. Hopefully they will help others who come here with this issue.

I've had another look at this and it seems it's all down to the positioning of the mouse pointer. The short answer is that at 400% magnification you have to place the mouse pointer a little bit in front of the corner widget rather than directly over the corner widget to get the rounded corner tool. If you hover directly over the corner widget and then click it tends to switch to the rotate tool. If however you position the mouse pointer slightly inside the shape close to the widget it performs as advertised.

Best Regards

Damian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response, and thank you for sharing the video. It was really helpful. I have forwarded it to the product team, and I will get back to you as soon as I get a reply from them.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Damian, that was incredibly helpful.  I'm blown away though that this bug still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DONT have a fix, but I DO have a very simple workaround that has worked for me:

Select your object using selection tool (V), then change to direction selection tool (A) to select the corner widget.

(This will adjust all corners.)

For whatever reason, I am always able to grab the corner widget just fine when I change the selection tool, and never when I use the direct selection no matter the zoom or mouse position. Now that I've figured it out, it is just the minor inconvenience of using the shortcut keys when I have to adjust corners. Let me know if this works for anyone else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops said that backward:

For whatever reason, I am always able to grab the corner widget just fine when I change to direct selection tool, and never when I use just the selection no matter the zoom or mouse position. Now that I've figured it out, it is just the minor inconvenience of using the shortcut keys when I have to adjust corners. Let me know if this works for anyone else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Object > Expand appearance. Should work fine after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines