• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rulers won't move with artboard

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a bug of a new update or something?

I can't find any way to get the rulers to move with my project artboard. They are frozen in place without any apparent option to get them in sync with the upper-left corner of the artboard - clicking and dragging from the ruler corner doesn't work, and "switch to global rulers" is disabled.

Please help. Phone support was not useful since the person at the other end of the line spoke in an accent I could not understand, on a phone signal that kept cutting out. Hey Adobe: Earn your $55 a month please and provide better support. I have work to do.

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Does it also happen with a new doc? If not, then try copying and pasting into the new doc.

If it does, try resetting prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Huge help! Thank you so much! I'm just going to create a new file without this problem and cut and paste everything into it now. Can't thank you enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the last time you could get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only for this document... which hasn't changed measurements in years. I hadn't noticed it being a problem until I tried to create a larger artboard to expand the document's size. Very puzzling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it also happen with a new doc? If not, then try copying and pasting into the new doc.

If it does, try resetting prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are maps, with long, elaborately set up layers of text and graphics that have to stay intact for the document to be useable going forward. I can't copy and paste it all into a new doc without losing the structure, can I? If I can, let me know how - thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just make sure "paste remembers layers" is checked in layers panel...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge help! Thank you so much! I'm just going to create a new file without this problem and cut and paste everything into it now. Can't thank you enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can get the rulers to rotate in a new document (I can't) you can copy and paste the contents in the new document with the option Paste Remembers Layers checked in the Layers panel menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm so pleased with the result I'm getting from posting here that I take back my criticism of the Adobe Borg. Sorry to whine folks. Who ever said that tech would come with corporate babysitters? LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines