• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

runs extremely slow with overprint active

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir, I am having a problem with illustrator program on macOS computer. When the overprint panel is open, the program switches to CPU usage and runs extremely slowly. I am trying to switch to GPU option but it is not active. I hope I was able to explain my problem. I leave my system specs and application versions below. You can see the versions visually in the appendix. Thanks in advance for your help.

macOS Monterey 12.0.1

iMac (Retine 5K, 27 inç, 2020)

CPU: 3,8 GHz 8 çekirdekli Intel Core i7

RAM: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

M2 SSD 512 GB (flaş saklama kabı)

GPU AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8GB

AI sürümü: 26.0.1

Adobe CC sürümü: 5.6.0.788

TOPICS
Feature request , Sync and storage , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. In Overprint view, Illustrator switches to CPU view. Thus, there is a minimal noticeable lag in less complex art, and it will lag heavily If your artwork is complex. Also, CPU performance gets affected if CPU thermal throttle or there is a High CPU usage app or service running in the background/ simultaneously. Let us know if that is not the case.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, the same is true whether a different program is open or not. sample; Even with all adobe programs closed, only illustrator is open, it is very slow even with overprinting on a blank page. I don't think I have a weak computer, and this is not only for me, but for my entire team of 4 people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, thanks for the reply. I have added a video below as a visual explanation instead of words. Please review. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details & video. I checked the same on my Macbook Pro 15" 2016 Model and was able to move or zoom without any lag. The only difference I saw in your settings and my Illustrator preferences was that "Animated Zoom" & "Real-Time Drawing and Editing" are unchecked. Would you please check them and let me know how it goes?

Anshul_Saini_0-1638912979180.png

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I did the settings you said, but nothing changed. Should I get live help from adobe or would you suggest a different solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying that & sharing the video. I would request you to try the steps suggested in this help article (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...). If that doesn't help, then you may connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this true for even a simple document? Could you try to open other documents or create a simple ducumen, perhapps even text part of the document in question. (If it has several artboards try saving a copy with just one artboard to see if it is the size of the object).

Having some information on the kind of project may also help. Are there many Placed and/or embedded files? Are there any/many spot colours? Are you using both overprint and a umber of blending modes? Spot colours and some blending modes may create complex calculations. Do you also have many render intensive effects in your artwork (for example a 3D effect with objects containing transparency or overprint)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, thanks for the reply. I have added a video below as a visual explanation instead of words. Please review. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See what you mean… and that it has nothing to do with the file complexity. Have no answer though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand the situation. I am looking for a solution if any. Thank you for your interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess we don't have a problem with anyone about this issue, very few issues seem to have been opened and there is no solution. Can anyone find a solution please let me know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it does not solve the problem with Overprint Preview, but I believe it can speed up your workflow when you start using Darken blend mode for colors instead of the Overprint attribute. The result will be the same, it will separate correctly and you can use the normal preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the only solution I have found at the moment, I want to completely eliminate this problem, but as a result of my research, the problem is chronic in 5K iMacs and adobe never fixes it. too many people have the same problem as me and no one has found a solution. Buying an iMac and working in overprint mode is a waste of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines