Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same Gude Log issue that has never been solved by Adobe

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Adobe marked this issue solved on another discussion, but IT IS NOT SOLVED. So I had to start a new discussion about the same issue.

I did change Proxy settings etc., tried all possible solutions recommended by Adobe on the previous discussion and I am still having gude log files created all over in my folders. I uninstalled my Adobe programs, reinstalled, keeping them updated but gude log issue is still here.

I had no issue with my Proxy settings and Adobe before. Can you please solve this? At least don't mark as solved when it is not. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Hi All,

I wanted to provide an update regarding the "gude log" file issue that has been affecting you all. As some of you may be aware, we have been working to address this issue.

We encourage you all to update to the latest Illustrator version (v27.3.1) and let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, now don't mark this one fixed until it's actually fixed. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JUST UPDATED TO AI 27

SAME PROBLEM

FIX IT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still same here

2022-10-25

FIX IT ADOBE PLEASE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I stumbled across this website with a very detailed writeup (What to do when a mysterious log file occurs when Illustrator is started ) after experiencing this issue, what has “worked” for me for now is resetting my preferences in Illustrator. Maybe Adobe devs can pinpoint the issue somewhere from this persons research.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, illustrator is not creating gude log files anymore. I've been keeping eye on them and it has been whole "gude log-free" weeks, after the last Adobe update. (It happened few times right after the update though, I checked the next day) Btw, I didn't change/reset anything.

Old gude.log text files are still in the folders. Even if I double-click to open the illustrator file, gude log file doesn't update itself anymore. Looks like it is fixed for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sadly, the issue is still occuring for me with latest version of AI on PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe offers to have collaborative live session, so they can see the issue on a specific computer. I've done that before with some other issue and it was very helpful. I recommend sending a private message to one of the Adobe employees, his name is Anshul_Saini . They respond very quickly. Hopefully they will solve your issue quickly as well. : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @twowithink,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are unable to replicate the behavior at our end. Would you mind confirming if this happens every time you open the file or launch Illustrator? Also, are these logs getting generated in the document folder or under the folder where your Ai files are saved?

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The file appears in the same folder as the the original AI file after any modification and save is performed.

Windows 10 / AI v. 27.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that, @twowithink. Would you mind having a live debug session with us? If yes, please send me your Adobe ID, Country & Timezone, phone number with country code, and two preferred dates & times (Mon- Fri) over a private message.

To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the " Send a message" button.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached the file
THE FILE IS CREATED ON THE DESKTOP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this adobe... This is a nightmare for cloud sync tools both in AI and Photoshop now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Baby turns24892575z1gd,

We are sorry for the trouble and inconvenience caused by the issue. The product team is aware of this and currently working on a fix. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice for Ai & this UserVoice for PS and adding your comments there? This will help prioritize the issue, and you will get updates on it.

We appreciate your time & patience.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to stop the gude log files by having this preference checked on:
General tab / Show the Home Screen when no Docs are Open.
I would prefer to have it off, but having the Home screen is better than dealing with the gude files.
I still consider this a bug and hope that it will get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue. The product team will try to address the issue with the next release, v27.3, in mid or late February 2023. Please stay tuned for the updates.

I will keep you posted with the updates, or you can DM me as well.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it correct for visibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

I wanted to provide an update regarding the "gude log" file issue that has been affecting you all. As some of you may be aware, we have been working to address this issue.

We encourage you all to update to the latest Illustrator version (v27.3.1) and let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines