• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same Pantone swatch showing as two completely different colors.

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two open files and I am using the same logo in each but the Pantone is coming over as two different shades. I am NOT talking visually on the screen I am saying it is two different colors. When I open the color box the CMYK for each is completely different yet it is both the same Pantone. Secondly if I copy and past from one file to the other it converts it to the "shade"for that file. Any clue on what is wrong? I did not create these logo files the previous designer did and I can not figure out what they did to create this issue.

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 10.40.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-28 at 10.40.00 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Your Swatch Options for Pantone 2955 C (from Swatch Library: Color Books: PANTONE+ Coated) should look like this:

Temp_Pantone2955C_Options.png

What you have is 2 different CMYK colors that are both named "PANTONE 2955 C."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

possibly the color space/profile for each document is a little different... and thats why it globally changes it once you 'paste' into the other document/file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, where do I go to check that setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...here's some more info if that doesn't show a difference
Color settings in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...arg, ignore the photoshop link sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thank you, they are two different profiles. I'll see if matching them helps the issue. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your Swatch Options for Pantone 2955 C (from Swatch Library: Color Books: PANTONE+ Coated) should look like this:

Temp_Pantone2955C_Options.png

What you have is 2 different CMYK colors that are both named "PANTONE 2955 C."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines