• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SAVE stopped working in Illustrator! How to fix it?

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the middle of working and all of a sudden I can no longer 'save' the files! I have tried everything, does anyone have a fix for this?

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

HI
I have the most current Adobe Illustrator version (cloud subscription) and the current Mac OS.
I was in the middle of a job and things were fine, then just stopped working, when I tried to save a file I got an error message that the file could not be saved. I did NOT add anything, plugins etc at all, I was just working.

I had to uninstall and reinstall, now it works, but that was really inconvenient and I have no idea why it happened in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version, which system?

Exactly what keeps you from saving?

Where are you trying to save?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @jemmaB,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• The exact version of the OS and Illustrator as asked by Monika
  • Since when are you facing this problem?
  • Have any recent changes been made to your computer (OS Update/ Antivirus/ Plug-Ins)?
  • Where are you trying to save the files (Internal/External/Network drive) as asked by Monika?
  • Is it acting this way with some specific files? If yes, kindly share the link to download the file here or via DM.
  • Are you getting any error message while trying to save your work? If yes, kindly share the screenshot.
  • What happens when you try to Save / Save As? Do you get the dialog box for Save As?

We are here to help, we just need more information.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI
I have the most current Adobe Illustrator version (cloud subscription) and the current Mac OS.
I was in the middle of a job and things were fine, then just stopped working, when I tried to save a file I got an error message that the file could not be saved. I did NOT add anything, plugins etc at all, I was just working.

I had to uninstall and reinstall, now it works, but that was really inconvenient and I have no idea why it happened in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to save Illustrator files but I get no error message. I can work in illutrator on new files or existing files but when I go to SAVE I can't select anything except the types of files. And no matter which type I select the SAVE button is greyed out. I'm not able to change anything else - like selecting a different folder and I can't hit cancel. I have to force quit. It's been working until a few days ago. I've tried restarting and also both versions of illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What did you do since it has been working?

Whatever has been said in this thread didn't help you?

Which version and system is it?

Where do you want to save?

Does Illustrator have fulldisk access?

Are you sure about htat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines