• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving JPG File in high quality for print in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey i would like to save my illustrator file as jpg in high quality that I could print in 2x3meter backwall.

I clicked Data>Export>Export as> and then I choosed Jpg and the highest quality. But now Illustrator is telling me the resolution is to high. Is it possible to save it as jpg in a high quality in this way (and not as Webdesign) because I would like to send it to a printer for a 2x3meter backwall print 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Don't use a JPEG at all unless it is absolutely required for some reason. Ask the printer if you can submit a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it need to be a JPEG? A 3-meter JPEG at 300 PPI would be 35,000 pixels wide -- large enough to cause Illustrator problems with exports. You may be able to use Photoshop though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Doug, JPG is going to cause problems. Try to find out if your printer will accept other formats such as EPS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you haven't said what's in the composition, but I can't imagine any good reason to rasterize the whole thing. Just save and send a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the replies. I am a newbie so this has all been helpful in my understanding of everything. I will save it now in lower resolution as jpg and see if the print will be good 😄 for me it looks quite sharp even in lower quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use a JPEG at all unless it is absolutely required for some reason. Ask the printer if you can submit a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it vector? Why save down to pixel? Save as pdf...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines