• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.sbsar files Location

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be a really basic question, but it's one I simply can't figure out. Where are the .sbsar files that Illustrator has located on my computer? I have a ton of .sbsar files and wanted to drop a few of them directly into that folder, but I cannot figure out where they're located. I found the ones in Photoshop pretty easily, but still can't figure out where Illustrator is getting them from.

Thanks,

Jason

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

This seems to be it on Windows. Don't have anything to test it with though:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2023\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Material-Resources\Default_Substance_Materials

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

On Mac: 

Illustrator Application > Show Package Contents > Contents > Resources > Material Resources > Default_Substance_Materials.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini can you perhaps help?

It's an interesting question, I would love to know as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be it on Windows. Don't have anything to test it with though:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2023\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Material-Resources\Default_Substance_Materials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows users have an easier access 😄

I suspected this location too, when I didn't find anthing in the Application support, but not on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac: 

Illustrator Application > Show Package Contents > Contents > Resources > Material Resources > Default_Substance_Materials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I just didn't look close enough. Thank you.

I have also found the location of the ones I installed from other sources:

Uaser folder > Application Support > Adobe > Adobe Substance > Adobe Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By-the-way, Ton, in that same path (Resources) is another folder of the default New Document Profiles which are used to repopulate the folder in your users Preferences when you Replace Preferences. You can make changes here so you don't have to redo if you replace preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!!! 

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines