• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling and locking points in Illustrator

New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to lock some points in an Illustrator shape when scaling? 

I have a series of technical wood laser cut puzzles that I need to scale up to a larger size but keep the same distance for the cutouts to slot into. Is there a simple way to do this? 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

ETrapp,

As I (mis)understand it, if you are using stroked paths as the basis for the division into puzzle pieces, you can just scale up with Scale Strokes & Effects unticked.

If you have started out by creating stroked paths as the basis for the division into puzzle pieces, and then outlined those paths, I believe the straightforward way is to go back to the original stroked paths and scale up, with Scale Strokes & Effects unticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ETrapp,

As I (mis)understand it, if you are using stroked paths as the basis for the division into puzzle pieces, you can just scale up with Scale Strokes & Effects unticked.

If you have started out by creating stroked paths as the basis for the division into puzzle pieces, and then outlined those paths, I believe the straightforward way is to go back to the original stroked paths and scale up, with Scale Strokes & Effects unticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case Jacob's suggestion does not work with your files, I'd recommend to provide at least one sample Illustrator file, so one may have a look at it.

Also, which version of Illustrator are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines