Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

script code, which will enable value changing by mouse click and scroll

Contributor ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, need help on 

Looking for Illustrator script code, which will enable value changing by mouse click and scroll in the dialog comes while running the custom script. As we do at x and y position in property

jkhakase_1-1662102117156.png

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

I assume you are wanting to be able to adjust the values within an edittext field by scrolling your mouse up and down as you can within native Illustrator palettes (while the text is selected). Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible in ExtendScript. JavaScript does have a "wheel" event (see here) but I can't find any mention of it in the ExtendScript docs.

An alternate option is to use the arrow keys to increase/decrease the value. Not exactly what you are looking for but similar. The code b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but your request doesn't seem clear to me. Would you please provide more explanations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are wanting to be able to adjust the values within an edittext field by scrolling your mouse up and down as you can within native Illustrator palettes (while the text is selected). Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible in ExtendScript. JavaScript does have a "wheel" event (see here) but I can't find any mention of it in the ExtendScript docs.

An alternate option is to use the arrow keys to increase/decrease the value. Not exactly what you are looking for but similar. The code below was taken directly from Peter Kahrel's ScriptUI for dummies book page 88.

var w = new Window ("dialog");
var e1 = w.add ("edittext", undefined, "1");
var e2 = w.add ("edittext", undefined, "1"); e1.characters = e2.characters = 3; e1.active = true;
function handle_key (key, control) {
var step;
key.shiftKey ? step = 10 : step = 1; switch (key.keyName)
{
case "Up": control.text = String(Number(control.text)+step); break; case "Down": control.text = String(Number(control.text)-step);
}
} // handle_key
e1.addEventListener ("keydown", function (k) {handle_key (k, this);});
e2.addEventListener ("keydown", function (k) {handle_key (k, this);}); w.show();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect Answer, if this is not possible through Illustrator script. An alternate option works in my case. So thank you so much @jduncan to suggest the idea to change the value

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines