Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting a particular object when using 3D Extrude

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I wonder if it's possible to select a particular object when applying the 3D Extrude effect to an entire group. I had to apply the Extrude effect to a group of objects (all various boxes on the screenshot grouped together) as otherwise the 3D-generated structure isn't kept intact.

I would like to increase the depth of the green box indicated by the red arrow (make it appear like it's higher, protrudes a bit over the gray box)., but due to the grouping I'm not able to adjust the effect parameters of particular objects (when I select a particular object with the direct selection tool, the 3D and Materials menu doesn't show up).

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Igor25017128co6m_1-1657807754787.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to click on the object until you isolate it or open layers and click on target (circle) of your object to select it.

Screenshot 2022-07-14 182331.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunatelly, it's the same as before -- there's no "3D and Materials" effect under fx to click on

Igor25017128co6m_0-1657810749029.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(so it's either edit effect settings for all objects in the group or no option at all)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as the 3D effects are concerned at the moment, this is correct unfortunately:

(so it's either edit effect settings for all objects in the group or no option at all)

By @Igor25017128co6m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here what I see. I have applied effect to group and can see effect applied in Appearance Panel for group. If you will click on separate object you can see only that object in appearance panel without any effect as effect has been applied on group. But you can change that object. For changing graphics just click on it and reshape.

Screenshot 2022-07-15 204244.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines