• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shapes that are directly side by side but not overlapping will not merge

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be that you could use the pathfinder unite to combine two shapes that were directly next to each other but not overlapping. I'm in the 2021 and also have tried the 2022 version and it won't work in either version. It will only work if at least one point is overlapping.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They need to be touching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're touching but they're just not overlapping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I have tried, no need  to overlap, touching is enough to work.

Maybe you can show an example of what is not working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a pattern swatch that I expanded and divided. Now I want to unite certain colors back together where it chopped up some of the overlap and repeat. Attached is the view in outline view. Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 2.47.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not very clear to me what you want to merge.

Did you try the Shape Builder Tool (Shift + M)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I want to merge all those pieces you see cut up. Yes tried the shape builder and that didn't work either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You expanded a pattern, then you have a couple of clipping masks and groups and stuff.

Please be more precise. Please show us screenshots where we can actually see something. And please describe what exactly you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I expanded a pattern, then divided it and removed all clipping masks. I ungrouped everything. I now have a lot of shapes I want to unite back together. But they are diretly next to each other not overlapping because they were divided. I used to be able to unite all the shapes simply after all that. It is not longer working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines