• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow performance after updating Illustrator to version 26.0 (2022)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated illustrator 25.4.1 to illustrator 26 this morning. What a massive sh*tty update: you basicaly can't do thing, every action trigger the apple color wheel for ten seconds. So I rolled back to the previous version that worked fine before that and... same. Color wheel, color wheel, color wheel everywhere. So adobe, I hope that one day I could leave your environment.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating performance issues are. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help fix these issues. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jdeyoung01 wrote:

To the "we understand your frustration" response: CLEARLY YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND OUR FRUSTRATION. IF YOU DID, YOU WOULD JUST FIX IT SO IT WORKS CORRECTLY ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!

If only the situation were that easy.

Some bugs in Adobe Illustrator do get generated by Adobe. But plenty of other bugs get created by outside variables, like a flaky update to the operating system. Drivers for graphics boards have caused problems.

Recently I had to use an older driver for my Wacom graphics tablet for a few months because the then-current driver at that time would cause Adobe Illustrator to just vanish from the screen soon after launching it. Wacom took what seemed like a really long time to push out a driver update to fix the problem. Many other Illustrator users on Windows were in the same boat as me.

And there are still things which totally stink about using a Wacom graphics tablet connected to a Windows PC. Adobe doesn't have anything to do with it. The problem is Microsoft and its horrible Windows Ink software. Microsoft seems to require all tablet devices to enable Windows Ink for any pressure sensitive pen functions. When Windows Ink is enabled it becomes infuriating, if not impossible to use Adobe's applications with a Wacom tablet. Important functions become disabled. Click and drag the pen tip to do anything brings up a circle icon doo-hickey that does nothing but prevent the user from changing values in a CMYK slider or using animated zoom. Windows Ink (or should we call it "Windows Stink"?) is a very good sales tool to market iPads and the Apple Pencil (or hooking a Wacom tablet up to a Mac). As angry as Windows Ink makes me, I'm not throwing any shade at Adobe for it. It's not their fault. Wacom needs to come up with some kind of tablet driver that offers all functionality without the contagion of Windows Ink infecting it.

Anyway, the point is, if there is a problem with your Adobe Illustrator installation please describe what's happening. That way other participants here might be able to offer a solution. An all caps rant on how incompetent Adobe is at software development doesn't accomplish anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines