• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small space between objects when trying to put them next to each other

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am new to Illustrator and I am trying to create an put two shapes underneath one another to create a bigger object. However, a very thin white line remains between them, as shown in the image attached. I have tried selecting the two objects and using the Distribute Spacing, with the Space set to 0px and the Align to setting set to "Align to Key Object". However, this didn't change anything. Any idea on what could be causing this problem and how to solve it? Thank you!Screen Shot teodo 09-19-18 17-18-05.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

It's probably a screen display issue.

Choose View > Outline. You should see a single line between the two objects, similar to this (preview view on left; outline view on right):

If you're still not sure, you could overlap the two objects. That way there would definitely not be a gap.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to understand the issue based on the screen shot.

Are the objects same size? where is the thin line?

Please explain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the objects are the same size and the line is right where they meet, near the end of the planet. I am attaching another screenshot, hope it makes it clearer.Screen Shot teodo 09-19-18 18-19-24.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could just be a screen rendering issue.

Go to Preferences > General and turn off the Anti-aliasing. Is the white line still there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes, it is still there. However, it becomes more/less clear depending on how far i zoom in and sometimes it seems to not even be visible at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try and unite the neighbouring shapes.

Also try and turn on View > Preview on CPU. Still there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably a screen display issue.

Choose View > Outline. You should see a single line between the two objects, similar to this (preview view on left; outline view on right):

If you're still not sure, you could overlap the two objects. That way there would definitely not be a gap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think it was a screen display issue, because if I try to save it as a png and then open it on another computer the line isn't there. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barbara and Chana, this is where the problem is:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like  screen display issue.

Can you test it iwith another file and the same idea? if it is the same it is a screen issue.

Chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i think this is due to shape break try to combine the shape which are same in colors using path finder options.

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it. When you zoom in you start seeing that there is no line. I exported it as a PNG to check and zoomed in.

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 08.55.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this does not work we can take it to the product managers with a sample file from you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines