• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spiral Text Descending

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Can anyone help me figure out how to achieve this look with Illustrator 2022?

spiral text.png

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried following the tutorial linked, however the script she uses isn't updated for 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried following the tutorial and used the script in this link.  Saved as a Text document then renames with .jsx Isn't showing up in File > script in illustrator after I load it up in 2021 or 2022.  Any ideas why it won't work?  Thanks you in advace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripts need to be saved as plain text. You need to set up the text editor in a way that it saves exactly that.

If the script doesn't show in the menu - can you load it using File > Scripts > Other scripts?

Where to install scripts and other stuff in Illustrator: https://www.vektorgarten.de/illustrator-settings.html#22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,  When I try to save the code in word pad I have the option to save as, RTF, Office Open XML, Open Document Text, Text Document, Text Document-MS-DOS Format, and Unicode Document.  I chose to save as Text Document then after saving renamed the file an added the .jsx extension. No problem finding the correct folder to copy and paste the code. Its just not showing up in illustrator. No, I tired to load it  using File > Other Scripts then opens explorer. If I locate the script in the adobe folder it tries to export it as another file type.  This seems pretty straight forward so not sure why its not wokring. Thanks for your assistance. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, can't help you with those Windows issues.

Maybe @pixxxelschubser can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new txt file on your desktop (right click, New > Text Document).  Copy and paste the script in there and save and close the file.  Change the extension from txt to jsx.  (You have to change the extension, not simply add jsx.)  To show extensions, open any folder, click View and tick "file name extensions".

Alternatively, copy and paste one of the jsx files from the scrips folder in Illustrator and rename it.  Open it in notepad and delete its contents.  Copy and paste the script in there and save and close the file.

Then, while your document is open in Illustrator, go to File > Scripts > Other Script (Ctrl+F12). Find your script and open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Femkeblanco. It was the file extension box not being ticked so I really wasn't changing the extension just the name.  It worked perfectly in AI 2021.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart Illustrator after adding the script?

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines