• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop illustrator suggesting crop?

Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to disable illustrator suggesting a crop for me? In 100% of cases its been wrong and just leaves me with at least two more actions I have to complete to get the job done.

Not major I know, but would be good to switch it off!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Artificial intelligence is not yet as intelligent to be able to read your mind.

I agree, it is not very helpful. You can turn it off in Preferences > General > Enable Content Aware Defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artificial intelligence is not yet as intelligent to be able to read your mind.

I agree, it is not very helpful. You can turn it off in Preferences > General > Enable Content Aware Defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to create an account just to thank you!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, there doesn't seem to be any intelligence involved in the process, artificial or otherwise. Looks more like a random crop generator. How hard can it be to guess that I may want to crop the exessive white space in this example?cells_crop.png
Turning off Enable Content Aware Defaults unfortunately also turns off all other such defaults. The Content Aware Default for the Puppet Warp tool for example gives great results with setting initial pins automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, the option to turn off Content Aware Defaults controls totally different options and should not be an all or nothing option.

Maybe time for a feature request.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines