• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke Bug/Glitch

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in desperate need of help with an Illustrator glitch that is threatening to ruin a project I've been working on for weeks!

I am designing an abstraction of a corkscrew for a design class. I've been using the pen tool, all the shape tools, and the brush tool to create points, lines, planes, and some stippling texture. Below is what the document looked like before the glitch started happening.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 131541.png

I recently opened the same file I've been using for weeks in Illustrator to finish the project and every vector had this strange, approximately 0.5 pt black stroke around it.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 131612.png

I tried to select everything and reduce the stroke by one accross the board, but that didn't work. Interestingly, I selected everything on the document, grouped it, and then entered isolation mode, which DID work and eliminated the strange stroke. But, I can't get it fixed without putting it in isolation mode.

I'm pretty new to Illustrator so this could very well be user error. I have a feeling "refreshing" the document somehow may help solve this, but I don't know how to do that. 
PLEASE help, the project is due in less than a week and I need my document to work normally before then!!!

-- a concerned design student

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Please check out the Appearance panel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZooJyG2UT4

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check out the Appearance panel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZooJyG2UT4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, glad you could solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines