• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke issue

Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an annoying problem that my stroke does not follow the path.It occurs when using the pen tool and also with the pencil tool. The problem is also inconsistent. It works as expected sometimes and not others. It can be seen in this screenshot which shows two with the problem and one without,  all drawn at the same time with the same settings.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Probably you have some effect set up, which affects the strokes you draw. You can select the path and then open Window > Appearance to check it out.

Then also the setting "New Art has basic appearance" when turned on will keep your new paths clear of any effects.

Please check out this video for an introduction to the Appearance panel: https://youtu.be/zXvRbN03MzQ 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why but clicking the default style in the styles menu seems to have solved the problem. Would be interested to know if anyone can explain why this worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably you have some effect set up, which affects the strokes you draw. You can select the path and then open Window > Appearance to check it out.

Then also the setting "New Art has basic appearance" when turned on will keep your new paths clear of any effects.

Please check out this video for an introduction to the Appearance panel: https://youtu.be/zXvRbN03MzQ 

The Appearance Panel is the most powerful functionality in Illustrator. You can boost your efficiency using it. In this video I'm showing you how it works and what the items in it and their specific order means. If you'd like to dive deeper into the layers and appearance system, I'd recommend ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you so much for this advice. I'm very much an amateur with illustrator and have not really used the appearance panel as far as I remember, so I will certainly check out your links and study them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot find it, then please just select the path and open the Appearance panel and then take a screenshot and post it in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I learnt so much from that little video. I followed every step. feel like a real pro now.  Thank-you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad you could solve it and that my video helped you.

The Appearance panel absolutely rocks and it truly helps to master Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines